Sunday 9 September 2007

Show Us Your Sarnie Blog Event



Who doesn't like Sandwiches? I reckon everyone has their favourite sandwich, from a simple, uncomplicated and humble grilled cheese on white wonderbread, all the way up to a many layered epicurian delight such as a New Orleans grinder on a rustic ciabatta loaf or an artisanal bread. A sandwich is so much more than just some filling slapped between two slices of bread.

I'd like to challenge you all to participate in my first ever "Show Us Your Sarnie" blogging event. Be creative and think outide of the sandwich box. I want you to venture beyond the basic construction of a sandwich and expand your sandwich horizons. All shapes and sizes and flavours welcome. From simple combinations such as grilled bread brushed with a delicious pesto, to the traditional closed-faced grilled cheese and every combination in between. Savoury or sweet, we want to be dazzled by your creations!!!!

Once you've created and posted your entries, please send an e-mail to me at MarieAlice at cheerful dot com by no later than midnight on October 20th, 2007. Please put "Show us Your Sarnie" in the subject line. I will try to post the round up by no later than October 21st, 2007. After that, you will have ten days to check in and vote for your favourite entries, at the end of which time I shall pick a winner, to be announced on October31st, 2007 ! the only request I would make is that you place a link in your post linking it back to my journal and this post. Thanks so much!
Please include the following in your e-mails:

• your name
• your location
• the name of your blog and its URL
• aURL link to your post
• a picture of your delicious creation


Who knows, I may even be able to rustle up a prize or two or three!! Let's all have some fun!! Come on now, show us your Sarnies!

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Marie! Skipping over here from your other blog...This contest sounds like such fun--count me in! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given plenty of notice. Perhaps my challenged culinary skills will be able to come up with something.

    Please let us know when the cookbook is complete. You know there are several self-publishing options online now? I'd love to purchase a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had company for the last 5 days so have missed some of your posts. This Sandwich Challenge sounds like fun. I have my favourite picked out already so will send it along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in, I have my favourite already picked out too watch your mailbox for my entry soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!