Thursday 14 May 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully . . .



"I am only one, but still I am one.

I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
~Helen Keller

Did you know that you are the perfect you? There is no one on this planet that can be a better you, no matter how much they want to, or how much they try. There is only one you and you are the perfect you.



This doesn't mean however that you don't have the potential to become more than what you are. It quite simply means that you don't have to worry about having to compete with anyone else.

When you come to accept and to know this with a surety, it is a marvelous feeling . . . a powerful feeling. Just think . . . you no longer have to try to be someone you are not. You no longer have to compete with your neighbours, your friends, or anyone the media sets up as being the perfect person. You no longer have to strive to be someone you are not. When you truly accept in your heart the fact that you already possess all that you need to become fully you . . . you free yourself from becoming an artificial, self created identity.

How empowering.

The effort to be someone you are not requires an in-ordinate amount of energy and time, two things that could be better used in doing things that are much more productive and rewarding, not to mention fulfilling.



Yes, you are one of a kind. You have talents and possibilities to offer the world, that nobody else has. To be or do anything less is quite simply . . . tragic . . . and a waste of a wonderful life. Give yourself permission to love and accept YOU today, and in doing so, give yourself the freedom to be the best YOU that you could possibly ever be.



"I will praise thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well."
~Psalm 139:14

How can you take something as simple as a bag of frozen oven chips and turn them into something sensational? It's quite easy really, and the results are oh so very delicious!



*Crispy Oven Fries*
Serves 4 to 6
Printable Recipe

This recipe is proof positive that with a few simple ingredients you can have a delicious side dish that will have them all scrambling for more. I guarantee these will become a firm and fast family favourite.

1 (24 ounce) bag of frozen oven chips (I like to use the rustic ones,
that still have the skin on)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
1 cup of grated strong cheddar cheese



Pre-heat the oven to 205*C/425*F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with some non-stick cooking spray.

Spread the frozen french fries into the prepared baking dish. Stir together the seasonings, and the cream and the milk. Pour this mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle the cheese over all. Cover with tinfoil and then bake in the heated oven for approximately 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes longer, until bubbly and crisp.


12 comments:

  1. That looks like an easy scrumptious meal, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Love this uplifting post...every week there this is so much good food for though!...and simply good food! ;o) Love today's recipe. And LOVE YOU HEAPS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. very inspirational and the chips look delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful feeling when you realized that being yourself is a good thing. I can remember those dreaded teen years of my life and my childrens lives. We worried so much about being like our friends and being accepted as part of the crowd. No I can sing my own song and care less what the crowd is doing. I hope my children have done the same. Your chips dish sounds wonderful. I do hope I can make this next time I have some company to share it with. It would be too much for just one. Of course I could cut the recipe down and do it in a smaller version. It does sound yummy.
    Hope your Thursday is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Just, thank you. I know I haven't been around here much, but I have been - on the surface. But today? That was exactly what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie
    Thank you for those encouraging words. I needed the reminder today!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marie, my kids are going to love these especially with my homemade beefburgers!!! I'll let you know there comments when I've done them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. as i've gotten older(which okay, i know i'm not that old, a mere 28, but still!) i've come to realize already that i'm just me. i'm nobody else and i need to stop comparing myself to this mom or that mom. i just need to do the best i can do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I do look forward to reading you each day! Beats me how you do it day after day and so early in the morning AND go to work AND cook AND do your other blogs AND paint..........

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today you have discussed one of the great secrets to happiness, my friend. If only we could learn this earlier in life. I remember how my beautiful girls struggled with all of this..being the right size, shape, etc., etc as their peers. Today many years and tears later, they are magnificent, self-assured young women. All that talking and reassuring finally paid off but there were times when I just wondered if the love and praise and all of it would sink in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I bet my daughter would love these. She has decided to go vegan.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!