Friday 8 October 2010

Friday morning . . .



"I see the winter approaching without much concern, though a passionate lover of fine weather and the pleasant scenes of summer. But the long evenings have their comforts too; and there is hardly to be found upon earth, I suppose, so snug a creature as an Englishman by his fireside, in the winter. I mean, however, an Englishman that lives in the country."
~Wm Cowper, Oct. 7th, 1783

I believe I am taking a bit of a day off today. I feel very lazy. Much like yesterday except today things are loosening up a bit. I was very woozy all day yesterday. I did not cook. We had bread and jam for lunch and Todd picked us up some fish and chips for our tea, which I didn't eat coz for some odd reason they tasted funny to me. Nevermind . . .

My ear has been draining all night and I am hoping that it is on the mend and my chest is not as tight. Things are definitely looking up.

So no recipe from me today, I'm sad to say. I did get a little painting done. This little lady was laying on my heart since Conference last weekend. She would make a fabulous Thankyou card I think!



I'll be posting it in her entirety over at The Artful Heart sometime today. I hope to be back in fighting form by tomorrow! Thanks for all the love and prayers!



13 comments:

  1. You have the right idea Marie, be kind to yourself, rest and do things that nurture yourself, body and soul. I love your little girl:)

    Hope the weekend finds you refreshed and renewed.

    Big Hugs

    Sheilagh
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Marie, Sorry you are still not feeling quite your usual self yet. Hopefully another quiet day at home just relaxing and mayeb even cuddling up to Mitzie and Todd will do you good.
    love and prayers as always,
    Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Marie--a day off! We don't treat ourselves to that often enough, do we... and especially when under the weather. So sorry you're still not feeling too good... but hope you are turning the corner. Hope you can take the weekend to just rest and find your footing again. LOVE your new illustration--so very, very sweet--just like you! :o) I see I have a note from you....thank you. Happy Days to you, Todd and the lovely Mitzie--LOVE YOU LOTS ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet girl you painted! Resting is always good. Feel better soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope that today finds you feeling much better. Rest and relax and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers and hugs for you Marie. Hope you are better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you are feeling ill. I hope that you are giving yourself a break and getting lots of rest and relaxation.

    You know, I just figured out that these lovely pictures of girls are your very own artwork.

    YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO TALENTED!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that you are feeling ill. I hope that you are giving yourself a break and getting lots of rest and relaxation.

    You know, I just figured out that these lovely pictures of girls are your very own artwork.

    YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO TALENTED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray you will be on the mend. So sorry your feeling under the weather. You should rest...Hugs,Mica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending along prayers for your complete healing and renewed strength and God bless you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your right, she would be a perfect thank you card. I hope the nest batch of fish n chips you get isn't off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor you!
    It sounds as though you have had a terrible infection. I hope you get better soon. This 'bug' certainly has taken the lift out of your wings for sure!
    Do what your body tells you. It will always let you know what not to do if you listen. Like don't give it fish and chips to digest whilst it is working hard to make you well. You did the right thing there my friend.
    Rest up and get well soon.
    Hugs
    Jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!