Friday 28 October 2011

Friday Thoughts . . .



First of all I have to apologize for my late appearance this morning. I quite overslept, which is not like me at all. I was very late getting to sleep last night and so I just didn't wake up when I normally do!

Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
~Washington Irving

I have to say upfront that I am overwhelmed and so very grateful for all the love, concern and prayers that I have felt from each of you over the past 24 hours. You are all so very caring and so very thoughtful and I just feel so loved and carried by each of you. It's quite, quite wonderful and I stayed awake long into the night last night pondering all of your thoughts and prayers. I have felt comforted, and carried and oh-so-very loved . . . and that is a very special and wonderful thing.



Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion.
~Leo Buscaglia

I have to say that my life is a paradise . . . for I have filled it with wonderment and awe . . . with family and good friends . . . with things that bring me peace and joy . . . both the simple and the spectacular.

I had a lovely e-mail from a beautiful friend yesterday and having printed it out I read it well into the night last night, over and over again . . . having gone through a very similar experience several years ago, she had felt impressed to share it with me . . . so much so that she had awakened in the wee hours of the morning to send her words to me . . .



She spoke of the 23rd Psalm and revelation that had been given her concerning it during her own experience . . . never before have these words meant so much to me. I can remember memorizing this Psalm when I was twelve years old, in order to earn my Religion and Life Badge in Girl Guides. I have always thought it was beautiful . . . but it was not until last night that the words had such deep meaning for me. As I read them, and her words . . . the tears coursed down my cheeks . . . and I felt as if the Lord was speaking just to me . . . through her at just the time I needed to hear His voice . . .

And then I read these words . . . words that I had already underlined in red in my scriptures who knows how long ago . . .

"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
D&C 6:36

Words underlined in the past through inspiration . . . ready for a future that He knew was coming . . . more inspiration and promises from my Lord and Saviour, who knows and loves me even more than I had ever imagined.



You all have been his hands and voice working in my life over these past few days and I truly stand all amazed at the wonder and awe of it all. You have strengthened me and uplifted me in untold ways and I am truly grateful . . .

I can move forward now with strength and courage and I am ready to face whichever lions that may or may not be waiting for me in the den. That does not mean that I am not afraid, or that I am not trembling in my boots . . . but it does mean that I have added strength and means to face whatever . . .whenever.

I was inspired yesterday afternoon in my thoughts to paint this little picture . . it just came out.



I wasn't even sure if I liked it at first . . . but today in a new day's light it has found meaning for me. All things have a purpose . . .

Sorry, no food today . . . just my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!