Sunday 25 March 2012

The Secret . . .



This morning my friends . . . I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Not so little that it is not amazing though, and one that has the capacity to change your life completely. It's the same secret that the Apostle Paul spoke about when he wrote his letter to the Philippians. Contentment with the life you have been given is a choice that you make.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
-Philippians 4:11




Your true worth is not about how much money you make, or how good you are at what you do. It's not about who you did or did not marry, or which sorority you belonged to in college, or even if you went to college! It is really only about one thing . . . what is your relationship with God? Have you made the decision to hand your life over to Him and to follow the Saviour? Have you decided to listen to that still small voice and allow it to comfort your soul?? Have you given up any perception of how you think your life ought to be??? Have you put your life in His hands, and taken the knowledge that He will help you to do whatever it is you have to do???? Can you face each morning and day with the sureity that you can do ALL things through Christ?????


Source: flickr.com via Marie on Pinterest



If that is so . . . then my dear friend, you are living . . . with joy and contentment . . . the life which you have been given, and that is the secret to a happy life . . . the secret to a full life . . . the secret to a meaningful life. Oh, what a difference it makes when you let go . . . and let God. You reach the point where you can live your life with nothing to prove to anyone else . . . and nothing to lose. You can choose contentment and accept the sweet comfort of Christ's presence in your live and know that He will provide for you every step of the way.

“The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments.”
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Well, the clocks finally went ahead last night and so things are back to normal. You wouldn't think that an hour would make so much difference in things, but it surely does. It throws everything off kilter for me when the clocks in North America change but ours do not. It's kind of odd really.

Want to see what I did yesterday afternoon? Well, I'm going to show it to you anyways!



There, a sweet little girl admiring a bird's nest in the Springtime. That is just what I used to do when I was a girl . . . explore the woodlands near my home, and discover all sorts of beautiful things . . . ladyslippers, bird nests, etc. I have always been a nature lover it seems! As usual this is available as a card or a print.

I am off to get ready for church now. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! Know that you are loved!



Cooking in The English Kitchen today, some delicious Apple Pie French Toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!