Tuesday 22 May 2012

The Simple Woman's Day Book




FOR TODAY, May 22nd, 2012...

Outside My Window...

It is looking like we are going to have another beautifully sunny day!  That makes two in a row!  I don't  know if I can stand it! Yesterday was so gorgeous.  You just can't beat England on a sunny day.  It's the best!

I am thinking...
I am not really thinking about anything much this morning.  My brain is amazingly empty for a change!  Should I be worried?


I am thankful for...

 A seeking heart that was teachable and open to change.  Were it not so I would not be where I am right now in my life . . . spiritually, physically, emotionally . . . I am so grateful for that.

From the kitchen...
Well . . . um . . . there's not a lot except for some leftover cheese and marmite scones.  They were rather good I have to say . . .


I am wearing...
Blue nightie and I'm in my bare feet!  Yeppers, I took my words seriously the other day!


I am creating...

 I have a few irons in the fire.  



I'm crocheting this afghan.  It's coming along very nicely.  I am waiting on some material to arrive so that I make this:






And I've been drawn to the idea of making these:



Source: ravelry.com via Marie on Pinterest


Of course, I also have a few little drawings running around in my head as well.  They're just waiting to pop out and I hope to get at least one done later today.  Oh . . . and I'm thinking about my next cookbooklet that I want to do and illustrate, "The Great British Picnic."  In the meantime, the Tea Party one is still available.  You can access it in the kitchen!  It's in the upper right hand column.  Oh, and I've been also asked to do a display for in our Relief Society Room for the month of June!


I am going...
I have the daily reading lessons of course and then tomorrow night I have my RS Presidency Meeting.  There is a Youth Car Wash at the chapel on Saturday.  I want to get some Visit Teaching done this week as well.  In between that I am planning on just enjoying my week as it unfolds. 
I am reading...


I Don't Want To Fight, by
Lulu

I have only just started this, but I can say it is compelling reading from the outset.  After having watched her interview on Pierce Morgan's show last week I was completely intrigued at this fascinating woman and I wanted to know more.  I knew her from when she was a pop star when I was a young teen.  She was pretty and always had a hunky male pop star on her arm.  She had a voice that rocked.  But . . . she is much, much more than that and I wanted to learn more.  I am thoroughly enjoying this book thus far.  Oh, and I think she's looks better now than she ever has!  It's not fair! lol


 I am hoping...
I am hoping that everything goes very well for my daughter's wedding.  I am a bit nervous about it and understandably so.  I just want everything to be perfect for her.  She's waited such a long time for this to come about.  I don't think there will be a dry eye in the house!!


I am hearing...
Nothing new really. Mitzie is snoring away on the sofa. The keys are tapping. The birds are singing. The odd car drives by. The clock is ticking. It's very quiet actually . . . a typical early morning.  The SUN is shining!

Around the house...



Put your hand up if you like this!!  Me too!!  I have always adored red and white and gingham.  I love, Love, LOVE white furniture, and old tables . . . and I love, LOVE French Country anything.  So . . . there you go, it stands without reason that I quite simply adore all of this.  Just look at the feet on that table!  Aren't they just beautiful???  And that chandelier quite simply takes my breath away . . . however after having to put up with the chandelier that I used to have to dust every day in the conservatory of the Big House, I can say, I'm most happy to live without it.  Those kinds of things are nice to look at, but a big pain in the arse to clean!
One of my favourite things . . .
I love baby anything . . . ducklings, goslings, puppies . . . kittens.




They are all so adorable.  I think God made it that way on purpose.  He knew they would need extra special love and care and he made them adorably cute so that one couldn't help but care for them.  At least that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!

Something new about me ...
I used to smoke.  I started when I was 17 and I quit when I was 34.  I am not sorry I quit.  It was the best thing I ever did for myself.


One of my guilty pleasures ...
I love chocolate.  Not cheap chocolate.  Expensive chocolate.  If one is going to indulge, then why not indulge in the best????  Thankfully it's not something I feel the urge to indulge in very often, but when I do . . . I want the best.  For me that's Hotel Chocolate.  That reminds me . . . I haven't had any of that for a very long time now!!







Pet Peeves...
People that can't wait to pass you when you are driving in the car and put your life at risk by passing when they shouldn't!  I just want to shake my fist at them.  It really makes me angry.  Nine times out of ten, when you get to the next set of lights . . . they're sitting there right in front of you . . . so all that hazardous passing really didn't get them very far after all did it?


 Here is picture thought I am sharing...




Source: flickr.com via Marie on Pinterest


“Each of us is under a divinely spoken obligation to reach out with pardon and mercy and to forgive one another. There is a great need for this Christlike attribute in our families, in our marriages, in our wards and stakes, in our communities, and in our nations.

We will receive the joy of forgiveness in our own lives when we are willing to extend that joy freely to others. Lip service is not enough. We need to purge our hearts and minds of feelings and thoughts of bitterness and let the light and the love of Christ enter in. As a result, the Spirit of the Lord will fill our souls with the joy accompanying divine peace of conscience.” 

~President Dieter F Uchtdorf 

If we expect to be forgiven . . . we must first learn to forgive.  I think that the person who is hurt the most when one refuses to let go and forgive . . . is yourself.  Carrying that pain in your heart like a stone.  We must learn to release it . . . and just let it go.  It's a good thing . . . 

As a closing thought I would like to leave you with this:

 

“To be happy is easy enough if we give ourselves, forgive others, and live with thanksgiving.  No self-centred person, no ungrateful soul can ever be happy, much less make anyone else happy.  Life is giving, not getting."
~Joseph Fort Newton (1880 - 1950)


The acceptance of this truth marks a turning point in most people's lives.  Therein lies pure joy and contentment.  This is what life should be.

And there you have it . . . my day book for this week. Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries! (Or better yet, do a simple day book entry yourself! It's not that hard and I am betting you would enjoy it!


 


 Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Cheese and Marmite Scones!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!