Thursday 24 May 2012

Thursday this and that . . .



(This is a picture I took at Hever Castle several years ago.)


I was sitting here painting yesterday afternoon, and as I puttered away I thought about how, despite all of the labour saving devices which we have in our homes nowadays . . . we somehow seem to have less time on our hands than ever!

It seems like I am always finding excuses why I couldn't get this done, or that done . . . and it's always because I didn't have the time.  And yet . . . as I have that thought, I am reminded that only two years ago, I worked full time (sometimes MORE than full time) and I somehow managed to get every thing done then???  However did I do it?


Source: etsy.com via Marie on Pinterest

"You will never find time for anything.  You must make it."
~Charles Buxton

I guess the truth is that we don't find time just laying around waiting for us to fill it up.  Like all the good things in our lives that we find worthwhile  . . . good books, good food . . . good friends . . . finding time, just takes a bit of effort.

We do have time on our hands . . . we just choose to spend it in other ways.  The days haven't gotten shorter and time hasn't really sped up . . . we've just made different choices in what to do with it.  I know, I seem to be pretty good at finding time to waste!!  (I don't think discovering the game, Angry Birds, has helped!!)

Source: google.com via Marie on Pinterest

We've had a neighborhood cat spending most of it's day sunning itself in our garden lately.  It drives Mitzie up the wall.  She can be found chasing it out at least 10 times a day, but the thing doesn't learn . . . it comes right back again.  I think it knows that she is no real threat.  Actually I think she wants to play with it . . .  I don't mind the cat really, but it keeps parking itself right under the bird feeders, which I don't like . . . and I saw it using the rhubarb patch for a toilet yesterday as well, which I found rather annoying!

I saw about 6 full sized tadpoles in the fish pond yesterday as well!  I was thinking that they had all been eaten or something, but they're really quite shy and hide as soon as a shadow approaches.  I managed to catch a glimpse of them though, so that was pretty special!

I have been enjoying the sunny, warm weather we've had over the past few days.  It had turned colder last evening though . . . so I have no idea what to expect from today.  So far it's dry at least!

 

I was working on a different project yesterday.  I've done so well with my Very Royal Teaparty Booklet that I am doing a new one, The Great British Picnic.  I'm having ever so much fun putting it together and yesterday afternoon, I was working on some more watercolour illustrations for this one.



It'a quite enjoyable actually.  I love to cook as you know and I love to write about cooking and food and eating!!  And what can be more fun than a picnic!





There is something pretty special and fun about eating "Al Fresco!"  Somehow eating food outdoors can turn the simplest of fare into a beautiful feast!  Anyhow . . .I would love your impressions on this latest project.  I want it to be the best that I can, so any advice or constructive criticism is appreciated!  Thanks so much!

Speaking of food . . . I made this delicious salad for our supper last night.  Well, we had some grilled fish and potatoes along with it . . . but this salad was so good, I could have filled up on just this.



Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Layered Chopped Salad for One.  (Very easily multiplied up!)

And now some food for thought . . .

“Patience is a process of perfection. The Savior Himself said that in your patience you possess your souls. Or, to use another translation of the Greek text, in your patience you win mastery of your souls. Patience means to abide in faith, knowing that sometimes it is in the waiting rather than in the receiving that we grow the most. This was true in the time of the Savior. It is true in our time as well, for we are commanded in these latter days to “continue in patience until ye are perfected.” 
~President Dieter F Uchtdorf

Have a wonderful Thursday!  I hope you find enough time to do all that you want to do today! ☺

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!