Monday 19 August 2013

Small and wonderful things . . .

  photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

I have been deathly ill since Friday evening.   It began not long after tea and continued on throughout the evening and my life has been a mix of being physically sick and feeling like I wanted to die ever since.   Finally this morning I begin to feel a bit better.  I must do because here I am. ☺  That's a promising sign, to say the least.    As ill as I have felt all weekend there have still be little things to be grateful for.   There always is . . .

 photo 1243_zps20ee1555.jpg

Puppy dog cuddles.   she knows when I am not feeling well, and she tries her hardest at those times to comfort me.   What did I ever do to deserve such devotion and such love.  I don't know, I only know I am grateful for it . . . the soul of a much beloved dog is a beautiful thing.

 photo Brothers_zps48fa04df.jpg

The picture of two beloved grandsons (lil-Luke and big-Gabe) which came through on the i-pad late yesterday afternoon.   The sight of the ice cream made my tummy do a bit of a flip flop, but those beautiful little faces did my heart all the good in the world.   I love these two little boys and their parents so very much.  I would love to know what Luke is saying . . . something profound no doubt!

  photo Todd_zps6b83e181.jpg

This special man I am married to and the wonderful care he gives to me always, through sickness and in health.     He has been running back and forth to the shops for me all weekend . . . gingerale . . . orange juice . . . motion sickness tablets, etc.   He has never complained once, only asked if there is any more he can do for me. I am blessed.

 photo NeviltheCaterpillarProject_zpsf71de956.jpg

A special project I have been working on in my spare time.   Thoughts of this have kept me going as well.   My fingers are itching to get back at it.  Maybe today . . .

  photo cg_priesthood-blessing_zpsc61ce9a9.jpg

The Priesthood in my home.   Every worthy male over the age of twelve in our church holds the Priesthood, which is very special and sacred to us.   During my worst hours my husband was able to administer a special Priesthood Blessing for the sick and afflicted to me.  I cannot begin to explain the feeling which comes from having someone who you know cares for you deeply lay their hands upon your head and call down the powers of heaven to help you in your hour of need.  It is very special and one of the things I love most about my church.  These sacred acts and blessings may seem crazy to some, and unbelievable to others, but they mean the world to us who hold them dear.

There has been no cooking going on in our house, other than Todd heating himself up tins of soup, so I have nothing to show you there.  I have only a thought to share with you to carry through your day.

  photo 999566_335827593225253_1591601664_n_zps3b228a2f.jpg

"It was only a sunny smile
and little it cost in the giving,
but like morning light it scattered the night
and made the day worth living"

~unknown 

Have a good week!  God willing I'll be back tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!