Friday 27 September 2013

Friday Ramblings . . .

 photo 1265797_10151712247888429_753848894_o_zpse8ee8126.jpg

 Daisies of Mochaelmas 
giant-headed sunflowers 
mist in the morning    
and dew in the night
mauve of the heather
and red of the creeper
tell of the waning of
Summer's delight.
~Patience Strong

This is the season of fruitfulness . . . sigh . . . golden September, the prelude to Autumn, the opening act in a gilded play where the woods are clothed in a garment of glory.  Orchards fill with ladders and there are ploughs on the stubble in the fields.  We forget to mourne the bright splendor of Summer, as it is replaced swiftly and seemingly overnight with new views and vistas . . .

 photo 11201_359384807536198_576289966_n_zps99c0fb50.jpg

The corn has now been safely gathered in and now, in every lane . . . the hedges gift us with their bounty, their harvest-tide, bringing forth nuts and fruits in rich abundance on the tangled sprays, swelling in the yellow sunlight of Autumn's mellow days . . .

Each year I tell myself that I am going to make some hedgerow jelly, but then . . . I don't.

Bramble thickly matted with it's red and purple load beckon.  Scarlet hips and purple haws are strung along the roadways, dangling from the boughs like fairy lamps.  Mauve and red and rosy globes are born on leafless branches, berries on the spingle bush, haws upon the thorn.  Oh what a glorious bounty and riot of colour we are given to enjoy.  It may not be bloom and petal, but it is nonetheless just as beautiful . . .

 photo rosehips_zpsd1d3d908.jpg

I had such a lazy day yesterday . . . I can't believe it.  I didn't do much of anything at all.   I didn't even cook.  We just had whatever we could rustle up and we were happy for that.  I think everyone needs a lazy day once in a while, don't you?    I must apologize to all my friends for not visiting however . . . I haven't been doing any blog reading this week, and I really must play catch up today.  I have missed you all so . . . 

  photo Copyrightsoar_zps7bda9032.jpg

I did this little painting yesterday afternoon.   There is something very relaxing in sitting in my room, with music playing and seeing what comes out from the ends of my fingertips..  I had found this quote by Helen Keller and wanted to do a photo to illustrate it, and this is what happened.
I quite like it.  It's funny how that goes.  I sit down with a quote perhaps, or a thought and the next thing you know . . . art happens.   It is really quite magical, and I adore getting lost in that world.

 photo 41a3725c2d7a249feb9a1a603f2b3cc7_zpsb0786753.jpg

I wanted to thank you all for your kind thoughts, your happy thoughts, your prayers and concern.  They are all so very much appreciated.  You make my heart smile in a very big way.

I had promised you that on Monday Todd would pick a name out of a hat as to the winner of the print.   That hasn't happened yet, but it will soon.  I promise you that!  Life just got in the way of all the fun stuff this week.  Some weeks are like that.  It couldn't be helped.

Shall I leave you with a thought for today???   I think so . . .

 ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
If we have no peace,
it is because we have forgotten
that we belong to each other.
~Mother Teresa  



 photo SAM_5870_zps9458505b.jpg 

I'm hosting a Macmillan Coffee Morning for Cancer over in The English Kitchen today!
I can't think of a better cause to support!

Have a great Friday!  How can the week have flown by the way it has???  I don't know, but it has!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!