Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY  October 8th, 2013

Outside my window...
It'svery dark, but I can hear a bird waking up right outside my window.  I noticed the smell of leeks in the air when I put Mitzie out this morning.   They must be harvesting them in the farms surrounding our housing estate.   I like that smell.  It's much nicer than when they are muck spreading!

I am thinking...
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ
"You only need sit still long enough in some attractive spot in the woods that all its inhabitants may exhibit themselves to you by turns."
~ Henry David Thoreau *✻ღϠ₡ღ   



This so true and it can even happen in your own back yard . . .


I am thankful...
My cough seems to be a bit better this morning.  Here's hoping I am on the upswing!

In the kitchen...

 photo SAM_0969_zps0a8d3dd8.jpg


Check it out in The English Kitchen today . . . Apple and Cheddar Scones.   Perfect for elevensies or lunch with a bit of cheese and some mango chutney.   Great packed lunch/lunch box take along too!

.I am wearing...
Nothing new here! Yep, in my nightie!  We are having a bit of mild weather this week, which I am NOT going to complain about!

I am creating...  

 photo f6363fcb01cdd31e60ecdbdcb2dc339f_zps528bfe1d.jpg

Love this Granny Bobble Blanket from Colour in a Simple Life.   I just love the vibrancy of the colours.  If money was no object and I lived alone I would probably have the most colourful house on the planet!

 photo ac2d91a2bb4a196175bef8c716b488f4_zps09586171.jpg

Love this little knitted doll.  You can find the pattern on Ravelry .  It's Purple Viola Doll pattern by Tetyana Korobkova.  I think it is so sweet.   I love dolls.  Always have.  Always will.

 photo 5503d63cf24713b340c30397c10947c3_zpsd3a9c2cd.jpg

I adore this little needle book by Hens Teeth.   I love the simplicity of the embroidery and the rusticness of it all.  What a wonderful scrap project.


 photo c6c5f2b2af1e7170450789e39ecd5ddc_zpsfb1d1e22.jpg

Loving also these little play teabags for children to play with.  I have two grandsons which have their own play kitchen and every kind of play food etc. you can imagine for it.   I know these would probably be a hit!   Children love playing make believe don't they!  It's only when it's not make believe and a chore that it stops being fun!

I am going...
Not a lot on this week.  I have the second group of Sister Missionaries coming this week and a RS presidency meeting tomorrow night.   That's basically it.  We had hoped to go to the Temple, but until I stop coughing that isn't going to happen.

I am wondering...


 photo 1510661-lg_zps8efb09df.jpg

Will I ever in my lifetime get to visit Vermont in the autumn?   I sure hope so.  It has long been a dream of mine.  In fact if I could live absolutely anyplace on earth . . . it would be in Vermont.


I am reading...


Vanishing Acts - another great Picoult

Vanishing Acts, by Jodi Picoult.
Delia Hopkins has led a charmed life. Raised in rural New Hampshire by her widowed father, Andrew, she now has a young daughter, a handsome fiancé, and her own search-and-rescue bloodhound, which she uses to find missing persons. But as she plans her wedding, she is plagued by flashbacks of a life she can’t recall. 

When a policemen arrives to disclose a truth that will upend the world as she knows it, Delia must search through these memories . . . even when they have the potential to devastate her life, and the lives of those she loves most. It is a book about the nature and power of memory; about what happens when the past we have been running from catches up to us . . .  and what happens when the memory we thought had vanished returns as a threat.

Quite enjoying this, but then again, I enjoy all of Jodi Picoult's books.


I am hoping...
I am still waiting for my referral to the Cardiac Care Unit at the hospital and further testing.  I hate waiting like this for something so important, but that is the National Health Service, and socialized health service.  There are a lot of good things about it to be sure . . . but having to wait so long for something as serious as heart testing is not one of them.

I am looking forward to...
The sisters coming for supper today.  It's always nice to have the Missionaries in your home and feed them.  They bring such a special spirit with them.   I wish more people would take the opportunity to have them over for a meal.    

I am learning...
Patience . . . it is an on-going process.   I wonder if I will ever crack it???

Around the House ...

 photo a7e66722fb8126146b3293116d14b671_zps9efa0934.jpg

I want a rocking chair and a kitchen large enough that I could sit in it and rock.  I could knit or whatever when my cakes are baking or soup was bubbling on the back of the stove . . . sigh.

 photo bc8e92fb21f305d1791c8b3abc2d19e1_zps7c0327e0.jpg

I just adore these rustic egg holders from Napa Style.   Of course I don't have enough counter space to put one, but that doesn't stop me from loving them! 

  photo d2b38ef95490d3224554b587944af664_zpsaff66425.jpg

Loving this wall clock with a bell from Touch of Class.  I could ring the bell to announce dinner!  I really like the rooster touch.  I love roosters and chickens.

I am pondering...

 photo 02b2afd627492498ab7737aba2ba344f_zps1e05539a.jpg

Duh . . . why?   Why would anyone do this to themselves???   There is a guy that gets on the bus often when we are taking the bus into town.  He is totally tattooed and pierced.  He must be a nightmare at the airport going through security.   On the back of his very bald heac he has the tattoo of a satanic looking goat, whose horns wrap back around his ears.   It's absolutely gruesome.   Why would anyone do this to themselves?    There is no accounting for taste however, and he probably looks at me and wonders why anyone would allow themselves to get so fat.

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious
as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.
So I spend almost all the daylight hours
in the open air."
~Nathaniel Hawthorne


One of my favorite things... 
 photo 831636434803cb9233ba7bb3ff71f5f0_zps421ff812.jpg


I adore brooches.  I just love them.   I have a few.  I am not fond of necklaces or bracelets.  I don't mind a really fine necklace which is hidden somewhat and doesn't draw attention to my neck, but I abhor bracelets altogether.   I wear a watch and that is about it and I don't even wear that all the time, only when I am out   But I love brooches.   They are a way of wearing jewelry without it drawing attention to parts of your body that you don't like.  I have always loved them.  I am a bit like a crow.  I love the sparkly ones most of all and if it looks vintage, I am all over it!


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Not a heck of a lot!

A peek into my day...
  
 photo c4b15fe0f108a611a413d6c048b1656e_zps733d72e0.jpg    

I frequently take time to stop and smell the roses.  It's the little things which bring us the most joy.  I enjoy them frequently and in abundance!  I think that is the key to a happy life.

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Have a great day!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!