Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg


 FOR TODAY December 24th, 2013

Outside my window...
It's very, very dark.  Cold too.  I am sitting here in the glow of tree light.  It's very nice.  The wind is howling outside my window but I am warm and comfy.

I am thinking...

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ
 
"Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand."
~ Emily Kimbrough
 ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸. 

I put my hand in the strong hand of the Lord.   I don't know how I would ever get on otherwise.  More often than not He carries me.  I am so grateful for that.

I am thankful...
I learned this morning that a friend of mine is terminal.  He was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, not too long after my mother was.   He's been having chemo and radiation since, but they have now stopped those treatments.  He is only a few years older than I.  I expect his Christmas this year will be very precious, and because of that mine is made even more precious as well.  None of us know do we . . . we must be grateful for each day we are given and I AM.

In the kitchen... 



Today there is a round up of Main Meal Christmas deliciousness.  A cop out I know, but I haven't had time to do anything new.  Each year I tell myself I am going to post all these new recipes at Christmas on the food blog, and each year I let myself down!  I had a December newsletter 3/4 written and even that did not get finished.  Oh well, there's always next year!


I am wearing...
My nightie.  I wish I could get away with wearing it all the time, but alas . . .


I am creating...  
I have a comission piece I am working on at the moment. I thought I had finished it, but in showing it to the person, she had something a tiny bit different in mind so will have to redo it.   I probably should have shown her the sketch first before moving forward!

I am going...
I have no plans to go much of anywhere this week cept home sweet home.  Grateful for my blessings of home, Todd, Mitzie, health, happiness, peace and love.

I am wondering...
What will 2014 bring?  Nothing too drastic I hope!

I am reading...
 photo secret-daughter_zps0f54d29a.jpg

The Secret Daughter, by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
On the eve of the monsoons, in a remote Indian Village, Kavita gives birth to a baby girl. But in a culture that favors sons, the only way for Kavita to save her newborn daughter's life is to give her away. It is a decision that will haunt her and her husband for the rest of their lives, even after the arrival of their cherished son.

Halfway around the globe, Somer, an American doctor, decides to adopt a child after making the wrenching discovery that she will never have one of her own. When she and her husband, Krishnan, see a photo of the baby with the gold-flecked eyes from a Mumbai orphanage, they are overwhelmed with emotion. Somer knows life will change with the adoption but is convinced that the love they already feel will overcome all obstacles.

I picked up this book on the advice from a friend.  (Thanks Marie!)  I am absolutely loving it!  The writing style grabbed me from the get go and I am looking forward to cuddling up with it in bed each night.   I am a slow reader normally, but am having a difficult time putting this one down!  I fear I will be finished it before I want to be!  It's THAT good!  Great writing, fabulous characters and brilliant story line.

I am hoping...
That you all have a very blessed and joyful Christmas, filled with love and magic.


Makes me Smile...

 photo SAM_2505_zps65ce3adb.jpg

I won a prize for my appetizer recipes.   More Pidy pastry products!  Should come in handy I imagine!

I am learning...
I have a friend who immediately she is asked to do something accepts it with grace and joy.   She never complains about what she is asked to do, but just does it.   I am trying to be more like that.   I would love to get to the point where when someone asks me to do something I don't immediately groan inside and think to myself, blah . . . but instead clap my hands together, smile and say when do I start!   Unfortunately, I think it will be a long process.  

Around the House ...

 photo d5f90bad1d78557d2060511b5e84a0a1_zpscd75da3c.jpg

I love this room.   I think it is the wooden floor and then those curtains at the windows.  I also love those lamps.  We need new lamps in our bedroom.  Somehow Todd's has gotten all cracked on the base.  He says he doesn't know how that happened . . . hmmm.

  photo da0caa4ea40a1ecdc6c916800829f378_zps381ff0ca.jpg

I love this idea of a skirt around the bottom on the coffee table, which hides anything you may have stored beneath.   I think I will try to implement this idea in the new year!

 photo 37ef8b8ebff553344c5bbaa78a071163_zpsdfd6f071.jpg

Come hell or high water I am doing a granny square project in 2014!

I am pondering...
I have been thinking about simplifying things in my life somewhat.  Getting rid of a lot of things and cutting way back.  If Todd and I ever had to move into a much smaller place it would be very difficult at the present.   Why we hang on to all of this stuff beats me.  We don't even know what we have as we haven't even looked at a lot of it in three years, so what's the point in having it?   I don't know!  Three questions will be asked.   Do you love it?   Do you need it?  Can you live without it?

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

Make it a practice to judge persons
and things in the most favorable light
at all times and under all circumstances.
~Saint Vincent de Paul

 ´´¯`•.¸¸.☆

I guess that is why they are saints . . . 


One of my favorite things... 

 photo 619483866176af8af4826563297d4481_zps33ff53e3.jpg

Vintage linens and the colour purple.  Cutwork embroidery.  Lace. Ruffles.
I'm just a girly girl!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Christmas tomorrow, Christmas lunch, The Queen's Message, The Downtown Abby Christmas special, The Call the Midwife Christmas Special, Missionaries on Boxing Day.   Not a lot really!

A peek into my day...

 photo d51a75a08b0d5fae046105d9482ccb68_zps521b57aa.jpg

I try to fill my day with as much love as possible.  Reading the scriptures, which I think is the greatest love story ever told . . . watching my husband do the things he does, which makes my heart swell with love (well, most of the time anyways!), finding positivity to read or watch, or participate in.    I like to surround myself with goodness, which reminds me of the thirteenth article of faith from our church which says . . . We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
I can't imagine living my life in any other way.

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  



Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!

  photo 6284c5d083ab4cb8239e842d672bbb6f_zpse9c2151c.jpg

I wish for each and every one of you a very Blessed and Merry Christmas.  May it be filled with a multitude of blessings and plenty of joy!  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!