Thursday 9 January 2014

The one where I grumble and gripe . . .


  photo SAM_3453.jpg

I am very late writing this morning.  I didn't get to sleep until gone 3 am last night.  It is always like that for me when I have meetings or something else to do at night.   That's why I don't like to do much in the evenings.  I always end up with insomnia afterwards.  It's not very nice.  I am a bit of an insomniac anyways.  I wish so much that I was the type of person who could fall asleep anywhere, any how!  It's even worse if I have something important or exciting to do first thing in the morning.   Then, I quite often don't sleep at all!  Annoying!

I have had a sore throat for going on two days now.   Three days if you count the day it was just scratchy before it became sore!  That usually portents some kind of flu or cold.   I suppose tis the season for all that . . . the grippe!  If it is going to develop, I wish it would just hurry up and do so, instead of leaving me in sore throat limbo!

 photo SAM_3452.jpg

What do you think of a man who eats your last Ferrero Rocher when you are out at a meeting???  I know!  Todd is obviously a man who likes to live dangerously.   I got home last night and he had eaten it.  Not even a crumb left in that hard plastic box.   Just air and no wrapper to even smell.  Apparently in 13 1/2 years of marriage he has learnt absolutely nothing about women and chocolate.   To take the last Ferraro Rocher is to put your life on the line.  Surely it's only common sense!  Men ARE from Mars!

It's raining again this morning.   Will it never stop?  I am getting most tired of grey and dismal.   I want some dry and golden.   I didn't win the lottery this week however and so . . . it's not going to happen.  I am stuck with grey and dismal, alas . . .

 photo SAM_3447.jpg

Oh, and I had a voucher which gave me a discount out of an online shop at Waitrose and so I did, and I requested a free Waitrose monthly recipe mag, because I am a card holder, and they are good magazines.   It was missing . . . not to be found . . .  but there was the introductory gift of a bottle of champagne . . . and we don't drink alcohol.   Sigh . . .

That chocolate orange I was saving is looking mighty good about now.  Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✶*¨*. ¸ .✫
Never let another person's negativity
cloud your own sunshine.
Shine on, anyways!
Friends are kisses
blown to us by angels.

~The Rose Cottage ✶*¨*. ¸ .✫  

 


Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Maple and Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs.

 Have a great day!  I can't believe that the week is almost over already!  *sniff*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!