Wednesday 12 February 2014

Ho hum . . .

  photo watching.jpg

I've been feeling a bit restless lately, like I want a change of sorts.  A new challenge. I suppose everyone feels like that from time to time . . .

I've been doing this blogging lark since 2007 here on Blogger and I was on AOL journals for a couple of years before that.   That's a long time blogging, about ten years, if not longer.  And it's been really wonderful.   I've made a lot of lovely friends through this medium and I've even gotten to meet some of you in person, which is like the icing on a very tasty cake . . .

 photo fingerstar.jpg

You've all been so special to me.  Helped to carry me through some very tough times, prayed for and with me.   Helped me to laugh when all I wanted to do was cry . . .

There are times when I feel very, very tired, especially lately. I deal with a lot of pain issues.  It seems I am always in pain and it makes me feel very old some days . . . and very frustrated on others.  There are days when I just want to give up and lay in bed all day, but I don't.  I get up and I come downstairs and then I share my thoughts with you, and I don't know about you, but for me it's always been very cathartic and healing, if not physically, at least mentally.

 photo cccbc-eastern-bluebird.jpg

There are days when I feel like quitting, but I don't. Because of you and because of what you have all been for me.  I've seen a lot of other bloggers come and go.  They do it for a while and then they don't do it for a while, and then they're back again. I could never do that . . . that's my sense of responsability kicking in there.   Intellectually I know I cannot keep this up forever.   I am going to be 59 this summer and I can't see myself still doing this at 70 or 80 should I be blessed to live so long, and yet somehow, at the same time . . .  I can't see myself never doing this?  If that makes sense.

I guess I am just wanting to re-invent things a bit.   Oak Cottage was a place I used to live and work . . . and now it's not.  I had some really nice times living at Oak Cottage, but I also had some very sad times living there.  I am thinking it may be time to give Oak Cottage an old heave ho and start something new.   Todd says no . . . that there are some of you who wouldn't follow me over to a new space, but I told him . . . not my friends.  My friends would follow me anywhere, coz they are like that.  Loyal and true . . . faithful.  The types of friends anyone would love to have and the type of friends I am blessed to have.

What will I do?   I don't know yet, you'll just have to watch this space.  Don't worry.  You will all be the first to know.  ☺ You always are.

 photo CopyrightCinderella_zpsc0052494.jpg

I did this yesterday afternoon.   She's a bit robust I think, but I like her.   What do you think?? She just came out.

  photo Shirley_zps979a68e9.jpg

I was greatly saddened yesterday to read of Shirley Temple's passing.   Although she was a child star in the 1930's and 40's, she was a film star I just adored when I was a little girl.   When I picture Heidi in my mind, I always picture Shirley Temple.  And I would have loved to have a Shirley Temple doll.

  photo Shirley-Temple-Black-008_zps02b7eec5.jpg

But she was so much more than that and so much more important than that.   I have always admired her for her role as a diplomat and ambassador, and her role in politics, and the integrity she brought to all of her roles.  I admired her greatly in the 1970's with her bravery and forthrightness about her breast cancer, bringing into the open something which nobody talked about and drawing attention to a disease which kills so very many women each year.   If she had not been so bold, perhaps we would not have made as many inroads which have been made towards Breast Cancer research and the ability we have to cure it today.

Shirley Temple Black touched the world in many special ways.  May she rest in peace.

I will leave you now with a thought for today.

 ¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
 Silence fertilizes the deep place
where personality grows.
A life with a peaceful center
can weather all storms."
~Norman Vincent Peal

 ¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. ¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 

 

There are some very tasty Bacon and Cheddar Scones in The English Kitchen today!

Have a lovely Wednesday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!