Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book


 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg


 FOR TODAY February 11th, 2014

Outside my window...
I am a little bit late getting started this morning.  I was doing a bit of work in my Etsy shop first.  The sun is already rising in the East.  It is cold and dry.  I don't mind cold if it is dry.  Cold and dry I will gladly take.

I am thinking...
`•.¸.•´¸¸.¸.☆¨
"Last night as I was sleeping, I dreamt . . . marvellous error  . . . that I had a beehive here inside my heart, and the golden bees where making white combs and sweet honey from my failures."

~Antonio Machudo, Last night when I was sleeping

I love this quote. It alludes to the talent we each have to turn our failures into triumphs.  It's all a matter of perspective.

I am thankful...
Todd and I were reading in bed last night.  I am reading The Book of Mormon each night and enjoying it.  I often discover a little gem in it and am able to share it with him and he gives me his thoughts on it.   I am very thankful that I now have a husband I can do this with.  I prayed for years that I would have a husband I could be evenly yoked with.  I just never realized it would be a different husband than the one I was praying about.  God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

In the kitchen... 
 photo SAM_3034_zps081ae46f.jpg

Something from nothing . . . a fabulous Bread Soup!  Today, in The English Kitchen.  Simple ingredients deliciously put together.

I am wearing...
A blue nightie and my brown shoes. No, I have still not made myself a pair of slippers. 


I am creating...  
 photo copyrightDorothy_zps8a78fa2f.jpg

This is what I did yesterday afternoon.  I have always loved The Wizard of Oz and Dorothy and I would love a pair of red shoes.   Oddly enough this isn't what I sat down to make, but this is what came out of my fingertips!

  photo 6a0f056037babffd449a5b7ed2fe274a_zpsf267e0f6.jpg

DIY Grocery Bag Easter Baskets from The Elli Blog!  There is a full tutorial there and they are just as cute as can be!  I love this blog.  There are actually a lot of printable goodies to be found there, and most are free!

 photo 04e9776c1c8107ead76e9ab76ef92602_zps5a6f0cab.jpg

Just look at these beautiful spring Pansy Shortbread cookies, made with edible flowers from The Stone Gable blog.   Aren't they breathtaking!!  I thought of you Monique, as soon as I saw these!! I can see you making these!

 photo Spring-32_zpsf06d4363.jpg

Whimsical Spring Pillows from Between the Lines.   Cute and colourful!  Most unusual I say.  Most unusual.

I am going...
WE might go to a film this week. It all depends on how we are feeling.  I have to say I haven't had a lot to do since I was released from my calling.  I am enjoying the brief break.

I am wondering...
I am still wondering what my next calling at church will be.  Hoping it is something I feel comfortable handling, but then again . . . if there is one thing I know about callings it's this.   They are an opportunity to stretch and to grow and I have always loved all my callings.

I am reading...

 photo 532fd7f7ec846658a3d5c4ee7af1d0f7_zpscb31f165.jpg

House Rules, by Jodi Picoult
 This engaging book by Jodi Picoult is about Jacob Hunt, a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, and like many kids with AS, Jacob has a special focus on one subject – in his case, forensic analysis.  He’s always showing up at crime scenes, thanks to the police scanner he keeps in his room, and telling the cops what they need to do…and he’s usually right. But then one day his tutor is found dead, and the police come to question him. All of the hallmark behaviors of Asperger’s – not looking someone in the eye, stimulatory tics and twitches, inappropriate affect – can look a heck of a lot like guilt to law enforcement personnel -- and suddenly, Jacob finds himself accused of murder. House Rulles looks at what it means to be different in our society, how autism affects a family, and how our legal system works well for people who communicate a certain way – but lousy for those who don’t.

I am also reading the Book of Mormon and the Old Testament.

I am hoping...
Iam hoping and praying my Uncle Harold's wife Barbara will be ok.   No news yet that I know of.

Makes me Smile...
 photo 94258aa0f5d8f139959e6f118c6ce2dc_zpsa74c88ca.jpg

Birds nesting.  We aren't quite there yet, but I can't wait to watch them building their nests in our hedge in the back garden.  It cheers my heart and strengthens my faith.

I am learning...
 Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts
to finding peace of mind and happiness inside.
No matter what is going on outside of us,
there's always something we could be grateful for....
- Barry Neil Kaufman


There is always, always something to be grateful for.  It may sometimes take a bit of effort and thought to find it, but it's always there.

Around the House ...
 photo 0f7e053008c87e07274849dfda55c4f9_zpsf475f8e1.jpg

I love this sign.  I am going to make myself one to hang in our entry way.   What a lovely greeting.

 photo cfefd3319ec315cc4d69ce67897e459c_zpsf50bc34a.jpg

I just adore this window.  When we lived in Ontario there were a lot of small country churches which had been sold by church organizations due to lack of attendance/congregations, and converted into homes by people.  I always wanted to buy an old church and convert it.   I love this window.   I wish . . . .

 photo 0cd13e671633e5393f94b8e90b7c9158_zps610b1c84.jpg
(Source)

I  believe this to be true, but have a difficult time putting it into practice.   I really need to shift some stuff we don't need or really want.

 photo 44d20b0659e4bec3db5d27e367db878b_zps910d5779.jpg

I just completely adore this look.  It's what I would love to have in our bedroom.  I have had no success at finding it though.  There is something about red and white that plucks my heart strings!

I am pondering...
Will it ever stop raining?  It's quite frightening!

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

The fact that I can plant a seed
and it becomes a flower,
share a bit of knowledge
and it becomes another's,
smile at someone and receive a smile in return,
are to me continual spiritual exercises.
~Leo Buscaglia
 ´´¯`•.¸¸.☆

This is so very true.  I love it!

One of my favorite things... 

 photo 067e95dbfabd1e25ced58edeb90e0057_zpsa2a05d7f.jpg

Shhh . . . don't tell anyone.  Stone angels.  I love them.  My garden and home would be filled with them and pictures of them if I could afford it.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Not a lot.  Liking that.  We are having the Sister Missionaries over for supper tonight however.  Liking that too.

A peek into my day...
  photo d4fa1a7957b45f0d9f702603d5b81233_zps9585bad7.jpg

I spend a lot of time thinking about what will be on the menu next.  I actually sit down and write a menu each week, so I can shop properly.  The problem is that when I get to the actual day the recipe I have planned to make . . .  I don't feel like making sometimes . . . or I can't find it.   I know . . . I am so disorganized.  I need help!


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  



Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!