Wednesday 20 August 2014

A Stuff and Nonsensical Post . . . just for fun . . .



 photo fd07fb03790b47db67408a4906f7b098_zpsf7657286.jpg

I think I'm "in Limerence" . . . .don't you just love that word?

There once was a woman in Limerence
With a man she saw sitting upon a fence
It had a sign saying wet paint
she started to faint
and we've seen neither one ever since . . . 

 photo e0c1481d-fcbe-46dc-a6a4-91f74f7dae1d_zpsa110cf67.jpg

Here's a couple who are in limerence . . .  Doug and Kayla.  On the beach in PEI, where they live.  Yes, they live in Paradise.  Lucky pair.

 photo Kaylawedding.jpg

It makes for great wedding photos . . .  the perfect location.  Not much as changed since then.  Just as in love as ever. That makes a mother's heart sing.

 photo DougandKaylaEngagement.jpg

They met at Uni and two became one . . .

 photo KaylaJon.jpg

Then . . .  like magic . . .  the one became three . . .
and as these things go . . .

 photo Familyforever.jpg

Three became four and then  . . .

 photo Jacobsummer20112.jpg

The four became five . . .

It's funny how that goes . . .  a family just sort of grows!

I love it.    This bunch are having a great summer.  They know how to do it in style and with gusto.

 photo 821e4e89-9c19-48ff-9b68-6a9f7eff0865_zpsbd50ec23.jpg

There's been sunny days and pony rides.  Jon makes it all look so easy and fun.  He is an animal lover that one.   A sensitive soul . . .  with a very kind and gentle heart.

 photo e33bf202-9437-49e4-86d9-6ebe6e70697c_zps9bb60729.jpg

Josh is no slouch either.  He's a colourful boy and not just because he is our red headed prince.  He has a happy heart and a smile which just kind of glows . . .

 photo 7285d7a8-fa8e-49cc-b294-c5b4d3fc3dab_zps0e51f23b.jpg

That Jake is a charmer . . . with his big baby blues . . .

 photo 6d3cbff4-36a9-48b9-94b5-49f224685c93_zps304e9ab6.jpg

Hammering nails is serious business . . . doncha know.

 photo fb92c6f5-534b-49e8-8ad6-390362cde0ad_zpsb6444b8f.jpg

and to think  . . .  it all started with two.   And a tiny bit of Limerence a deux.

That sun is shining this morning, but it's really chilly.  Brrr . . .  it was so chilly in here last night we put the electric fire on for a little while.   In August!  Unbelievable!  Autumn seems to be in a hurry to arrive.

 photo SAM_6324_zps7e9f6bed.jpg

The Gladioli are serenading us at the moment.  Todd could not remember what he planted.   I kept telling him I thought they were gladioli . . .

 photo SAM_6327_zpsef623439.jpg

I was right.  ahem . . .

 photo SAM_6332_zps34e8a792.jpg

These look particularly stunning . . .


 photo SAM_6331_zps4c1c4ac2.jpg

And these quite, quite sunny . . .

 photo SAM_6348_zps6e4b5dee.jpg

And it actually works.  They do grow new tops.  I saw this on Pinterest a long time ago.   Just stick your cut off spring onions, root end intact into a cup of fresh water, changing the water every day, and they grow new tops.

Will wonders never cease!

 photo busybee2.jpg

Life is good.

 photo 10557277_507272599414084_1082306907170567424_n_zps26562b8f.jpg

 A thought to carry with you through today . . .

Love is patient and kind. 
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. 
It does not demand its own way. 
It is not irritable, and 
it keeps no record of being wronged. 
It does not rejoice about injustice 
but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
Love never gives up, never loses faith, 
is always hopeful, 
and endures through every circumstance. 
Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages 
and special knowledge will become useless. 
But love will last forever! 
~1 Cor 13:4-8 *´¨(✿◠‿◠)❀ ♫

 photo SAM_6670_zpse970f3e4.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cracker Lasagne!  Tastily different.

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   

Have a wonderful day!



12 comments:

  1. what a lovely set of photographs you share with us this cold monring Marie, PIE is a lovely island. we went once when we were over in Canada...the drive up from Halifax was fantastic with such stunning viwes...
    it is bright dowm here as well but only 4c when i came through at 6 30...gone up to 9c now...so should be lovely by afternoon...
    should be having a quiet day today..hpe you do as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what was on the land before your house was built; it seems so fertile.
    My younger daughter lives in a converted cowshed, and has similar success,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures today ! I'd never heard the word Limernece but it does fit in ! Here it is hot and steamy as we've warmed up and its rain rain and more rain. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sybil. It's still cool here and it's been raining and drizzling all day. :-( I know it is the rain which keeps us nice and green so won't complain.

    We are not far from the River Dee Bunny and at one time the River Dee covered a huge area here before it silted over. Big ships used to come in here. So possibly that is part of the reason. It was also an army camp during and after WW2!

    Thanks Pam. I am trying to learn a new word a da! Hope you have a great day, but hot and steamy doesn't sound very appealing! lol



    ReplyDelete
  5. I planted glads too..just spotting a touch of coral..I have neglected them..they are with some sunflowers that might tip over when they bloom..
    Your double hollyhocks are gorge Marie..
    Lovely summer your family is having they look super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks MOnique! I will take that as a compliment coming from you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your day Marie. I have been struggling with the university website. It won't let me in and therefore I have had an evening of fun trying to lodge my two assignments that are due in by midnight. I have given in and sent them via email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious little family! It is easy to see that you are very proud of them.

    I am looking just this morning at a United Methodist Women version of that same Bible reference! How coincidental!

    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very frustrating Suzan! I can really sympathise! I would feel like throwing the computer through the window I fear! xxoo Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

    Thanks so much Nellie, I am proud of them for sure! I don't believe in co-incidence, only God-incidence! We were clearly both supposed to read that scripture today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a new word for me “limerence.” I have been in the US for decades but there are still so many words I don’t know. I like that vintage illustration, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Limerence...I like that word and it's meaning.
    It's nice to see your sweet family. Glad they are doing well. Oh, to live on PEI...sigh...I can only dream! :-)
    Your flowers are gorgeous Marie!
    The weather is so crazy. I hear that the U.S. will see an earlier Fall. Not sure if that means in the West too.
    I love that scripture. It is a great reminder and can also help keep our thoughts on track.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Vagabonde! I think it's good to learn a new word each day! That's my goal anyways! You're never too old to stop learning!

    Valerie, I love PEI as you know. Todd loves it too. Who knows maybe one day I will end up back there. Life can be a strange thing! The leaves are already starting to change in Nova Scotia! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!