Friday 19 December 2014

Friday Finds

  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg


 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!   

 photo 1202285_mel_and_sue_zpsd723adc1.jpg  


I know a lot of you are interested in how I did yesterday.  I won't know for a few days how I did, or if I will be picked for the show, but here is a link to what the show is about etc.  For what it is worth, Todd thought I did really well and was a total natural for the show.   I felt pretty good about it myself.  I wasn't nervous at all.   I cooked an omelet whilst chatting to the shows producer, etc.   It was just like having a nice chat with a friend.   I enjoyed it all very much and my omelet turned out great.   We shall see.  Keep your fingers crossed and watch this space!  The most stressful part of the day was when we got to the train station to leave from here and Todd couldn't find the right ref number we needed to pick up our tickets.   We did eventually find it and were off.  Thank goodness our friend had us to the station a lot earlier than we needed to be there.  Then when we got to London, (It was a fast train.  It only took 2 hours.)  we couldn't find the taxi that was waiting for us.  It took us half an hour to find the cab.  Eventually we did and we were off to the studio.  Coming home was a lot less stressful, and we were both exhausted.  Me, because I had hardly slept the night before, Todd because . . .  I don't know why!  In any case we made it home safely and had a lovely day.  Todd was asked would he be a part of the studio audience, so that was good.    Wether I make it on the show or not, I had a great experience, got to meet some nice people, and I proved to myself that I could do something like this without fear!  Go me!  (Not really, I just felt like saying that!) 


 photo bacon_crackers_zps4bfaf4dc.jpg

These Bacon and Brown Sugar Crackers look positively gorgeous. From Plain Chicken, they look easy to make and like they would be dangerous to have around!

 photo 7ec1edcbbd784164a04105f3a1f032db_zps0546a0e4.jpg

A delicious looking selection of dips you can make in the slow cooker that might come in handy for all of that holiday entertaining you might be doing over the next few weeks.  From the people at BHG.   This is the Chipotle, Chorizo and Bean one.

 photo Photo-14_zps8f6e9486.jpg

Homemade Shower Soothers.   Apparently you just put them on the floor of the shower whilst you are having your shower and they vaporize helping you to breathe better.  Sounds good to me!  From Blair Blogs.

 photo 5a38db7de01f2f241c9566a954e03e27_zps35268860.jpg

Make your own Decorative Trays using baking sheets, from Martha Stewart.  Simple enough idea, but what I like about it is you could personalize them.

 photo bf3e2144b4f18e07a3da4897d189982c_zps7d5d94ec.jpg

DIY Paper Winter Lanterns from Lia Griffith.  You will find downloadable templates and everything you need to know about making one or more of these for your winter house.

 photo eef5801dcc9b0a4f589974b6799cd4bb_zpsa8a54615.jpg

From the same blog, I couldn't resist showing you these papered, hand painted Hydrangea blooms.   That blog is a gold mine of ideas for all sorts.  A new favourite with me.  Lia Griffith.  Be warned.  It will swallow you up!!

 photo 24c2c2cff73a3f83de4fcf4c6e784d6c_zpsf8a43e32.jpg

Little Origami Paper Hearts.  It's in a foreign language, but the photographs are great and look very easy to follow.   From kokoko Kids.

 photo 2a13e2c0d9a77fec02a56643c1578342_zps6c1769fb.jpg

Another type of paper heart, this one in the form of party invites.   Such a cute idea!  From Eat Drink Chic.


 photo e692e4d2e1a5e54e07fe0bc133e1c0b3_zps681b5cf9.jpg

A printable colourful calendar for 2015.  Found on Design is Yay.

 photo afb1e327435e45b5eacc1f112cfb9257_zpsd33f19f6.jpg

Ten Unique Crochet Hat Patterns, from Hopeful Honey.   All free.

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something useful.  I tried to stay away from Christmas stuff this week because you have all probably done everything that you are going to do for Christmas this year.  It is upon us, less than a week away now!  I love LOVE Christmas!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

 photo ceec6518f83582fb9b3b934fc9e85f4d_zpsd18064b4.jpg


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 
"At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge," 
said the gentleman, taking up a pen, 
"it is more than usually desirable that we should make 
some slight provision for the poor and destitute, 
who suffer greatly at the present time. ... 
We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, 
when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices."
~Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol) 
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥   

 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Baked Haddock with a Walnut Salsa Verde!

 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 Have a wonderful Friday! Only  five days until Christmas Eve!  God bless us all!

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. If I ever see a Sue Perkins show I watch it. I hope it goes very well for you indeed.

    Would you believe I have baked today. Pip made gingerbread shapes and I made cake. The fridge is groaning with sliced ham and cooked chicken as we have a busy fews days ahead.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan. we will see. What will be will be! I am glad you got some baking done! My fridge is groaning too. We found out the Sister Missionaries have noplace to go on Christmas Day and so we have invited them over. Todd will have to go and pick them up and then drop them off, and I will have to travel with him each way which is a bit of a hassle, but it's Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. You should enjoy the day with young people around. I am dreading Christmas. Will is working, Beth has chosen to fly to Japan later on Christmas day and mum won't let me bring dad home. So everything has to sorted and packed and taken to his nursing home. Every time I see him of late he cries. The day shall be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous!
    Sounds like a ball..again better you than me..:)
    It is nice to hear that not only did you feel comfy..you LIKED the experience..I wish we could see YOU.
    Bravo!!
    Going to see the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things went so well with your interview. I imagine you are on pins and needles waiting to see what they say. I always think things will be as they should so no matter. It will be the right decision. I hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Suzan, what a trial! I am sorry your dad cries each time you visit. I hope everything is okay for him in there and that there is no underlying reason. (((((hugs))))) xxoo

    I really did enjoy the experience Monique and if I never go any further than what I have already done, it brought me joy. so that's what counts! xxoo

    Thanks Pam. I am not going to worry about if I get picked or not. What will be will be. I hope you have a great day too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo happy to read that it all went well and you were NOT even nervous! You said it, "GO ME!!!" So proud of you Marie! Glad you had a great experience. I think that is wonderful that you were even considered to participate in that. Most people can only dream to do it on a show. In the end, things work out the way they are supposed to. Big hugs! I'm so happy for you and Todd too! :-D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie, so pleased you had a good day yesterday. It sounded amazing. Fingers crossed for getting through, you'll be my claim to fame!! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so pleased that you had such a good visit to London. I thought that it woudl take you MUCH lonnger to get down and thought that you might have had to stay overnight there...It is almost quicker fo ryou to get to Londn than is it for us I think it is at least 2 housr from Bath an dthat's if there are no hold ups which is rare !! Anywa I am happy that the show went well and can hardly wiat to hear what happens next..as you say you won;t be disapointed but I think I would be...just a wee bitty...Oh how wonderful it woudl be to see you on TV... I would be phoning all my friends to tell them !!!! Thanks as always for these lovely places to go check out...which is what I am away to do now !! What fun to hav ethe sisters for Christmas lunch I woudl love to have someone to share our meal...even Peter will not be with us this year as he is going to a cousin in Plymouth...so it will be just Mary and me...and of cousre Masy !! Dosn't seem quite right to be on our own at Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Valerie. No idea if I will be in the show or not at this point, but happy for the experience and that Todd was proud of me! Xxoo

    Haha Kate, not sure I would ever want to be famous, lol. Just happy to be friends with you all and for the love be we share with each other! Xxoo

    Thanks Sybil. It was a no stop route in the train, very fast and direct! No worries if I make it on the show I am sure I will let everyone know! I have no secrets! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited about you doing this audition. I think you would be just so perfect on a cooking show. I think it is awesome that you felt comfortable.
    As always you find such unique things. I loved the link for the food items, the tray, the calendars and crochet hats.
    I will check out the links.
    Blessings for your finds today. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks LeAnn! You are so kind to me. Love you to bits! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like I've missed something. Are you going to be on a cooking show? Have your own? How exciting. I know you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!