Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, May 5, 2015

Outside my window ...
Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny.  You could not have asked for a better May Bank Holiday.  Today we are back to gloom and rain.  Must be thankful for the rain however as it is the rain that makes for all of that lush beauty we enjoy here in the UK on the sunny days!

I am thinking  ...

 ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻(¯`✻´¯) 
            ✻ღϠ`*.¸.*₡ღ¸.✻

 
 Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates.
At the first gate ask yourself, "Is it true?"  At the second ask, "Is it necessary?"
At the third gate ask, "Is it kind?"
~Sufi saying

What a different world we would live in if everyone subscribed to this edict!


I am thankful for ...
 The company of good friends on a sunny day.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN1374_zpsvyeyspmc.jpg

Apricot Almond Chicken.   So simple and so good.   A new mid week favourite!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 photo Black-Forest-Dream-Dessert-IMG_5900-540x405_zpsmmvzrfks.jpg

This Black Forest Dream Dessert from Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen looks incredibly tasty.  I just have to figure out how to make it with the types of ingredients we have available to us over here in the UK.  I love cherry anything.

I am Creating ...
 photo 11218510_10153200264507489_2155677706070442878_n_zpsnerqbojc.jpg

This is my sister's very first "finished" Paper Mache Creation Sculpture, and I hope she doesn't mind me showing it to you.   I am just so proud of her.    Meet Eleanore Elephant.  I can't wait for her to put her in her shop.  I know how many hours of work went into Eleanore.  I hope she is able to get a good price for her.

 photo 13299369e94e2469c47c8c81521acfc2_zpsvardmtuz.jpg

With the impending advent of warmer weather, sunshine and picnicsm these homemade bowl covers would come in very handy.   From The Farm Chicks.

 photo a2c1f0cd12ca635fad0cf6726b84156f_zpsyrgikisv.jpg

I love, LOVE these Tied Cushion Covers.  It's available as a downloadable PDF pattern from Lily Blossom on Etsy.

 photo 40e9aac55de61ffc24d172ba257fdecc_zpskoq8ct1e.jpg

Loving the Crochet Slippers.  From Craftsy

 photo d7832466b27297c347268783c851028d_zpsokr2ntit.jpg

Fab idea for a party.   Wrap balloons in tulle and add some flowers.   From Trusper.

I am reading ...


 photo 812aZuV163L._SL1500__zpsvpezlv3t.jpg

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain

In The Silent Sister, Riley MacPherson has spent her entire life believing that her older sister Lisa committed suicide as a teenager. Now, over twenty years later, her father has passed away and she's in New Bern, North Carolina cleaning out his house when she finds evidence to the contrary. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now? As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family. Riley must decide what the past means for her present, and what she will do with her newfound reality, in this engrossing mystery. I am really enjoying it thus far! I love Diane's books. She's a great writer.

I am hoping ...
My mother continues to respond to anti-biotics and improve.   They are slowly weaning her off the oxygen.  It is our hope that she will soon be able to come home.  Many thanks for your continued prayers on her behalf.  They are being answered!

Makes me smile ...

 photo bedtime stories_zpsa0htd3jz.jpg

The cover of this old book makes me smile.  I had this book when I was a girl and I wore it out.  I loved it.   It was filled with stories about the people who lived on "What a Jolly Street."  There was an old lady who lived at the end of the street who used to tell the children stories.   I wanted to live on that street.

I am learning ...
I am learning to wait on the Lord's timing.  It's hard.  We tend to want things to happen "now!"  Waiting is the hard part.

Around the house ...
In my dream house I would have

 photo fd29ea66ff56c583f1c43992be7331e5_zpsrmakhkx3.jpg

A large, open, airy and organized kitchen  . . .

 photo e48004e61b328870336c3946d145b3e9_zpsbvfzygwy.jpg

A little bedroom tucked under the eaves  . . .

 photo 51838c090f63eb7de3e74caacc0490f7_zpsoreg8z9h.jpg

A comfy chair just for me to curl up in with a warm blanket and a book . . .

 photo 2efd8400000122053f4f3d512336fccd_zpsmyv15m9i.jpg

An old wheelbarrow in the garden filled with wild flowers . . .

I am pondering ...

 photo 11150387_887757851247174_4936069566461021761_n_zpshs8vk10e.jpg

A brother and sister cling to each other in Nepal.   What more can I do to help  . . .

A favourite Quote for the day ...

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. (¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      
ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“


Every time you are tempted
to react in the same old way  . . . 
Ask yourself if you want to be
a prisoner of the past
or a pioneer of the future.
~Deepak Chopra

One of my favourite things ...
 photo e030a94b4ac699f3cbaf9434b5e01f19_zpsmz2fcppu.jpg

Listening to Piano Music.  I especially love Paul Cardall . . .

A peek into my day  ...
 photo dcdc162cbf2f5f820c4dc2c2e0dab834_zpswwagqwzd.jpg

I cook every day.   Sometimes I cook a lot.  Sometimes I cook a little.  But  . . .  I always cook.


 And that's my daybook for this week!
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
 ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!

Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day Marie. Lots of loving hugs and more prayers for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's supposed to be a rainy day here too, but there is always plenty to do inside so I'll take advantage of that and get something done inside . Hope you can too and have a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching..sad photo..what beauties.


    I cook or bake every day too..the oven is warming to bake Ricardo's bread..last night I made the worse General Tao chicken on earth..oh what a pretty Pinterest photo can do to me.
    I knew even before..yet continued..

    I love those balloons Marie..our eldest will be 40 in August..so perhaps:) If I can find tulle..get to have helium balloons etc..

    I've recovered all the cushions for the 2 sets of wicker I ahve had for years..w/ bows..to be able to remove and wash etc..

    PS
    The elephant is exceptionally cute and well done!
    Kudos to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzan, every one is appreciated! xoxo

    I don't know how I got things done when I worked full time Pam, because I have a hard time fitting everything in now! xoxo

    Monique, I know what you mean and it's really annoying because you feel like you have wasted a ton of ingredients to make something which is really lousy! I did that today with something and wasted a lot of ingredients to create something inedible! blah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can hardly believe that you actualy made something that i inedible...woudn't even Mitzie eat it !! Been a day of gales and squally showers down here.
    I managed to get a Drs appointment and got a lovely kind caring Dr. She is as puzzzled as I am, however is trying various ideas starting with another blood test on Thurs. and tests that I have to do myself when...if I get another "funny" turn LOL we will see what happens....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Daybook entry is one of my favorites. I loved the quotes and the picture of the children from Nepal. The chicken recipe I must try and the dessert one looks scrumptious.
    I love the picture of your sister's first finished Paper Mache Creation. The party idea was adorable. You find the best crafts; I wish I was more ambitious and crafty.
    I am so happy your mother is doing better. I will keep the prayers going.
    I like the plot of the book. I haven't read a good mystery for a very long time.
    I loved the picture of the decor you liked. We like the same things.
    Blessings and hugs for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Sybil, sometimes it even happens to me! Oh Mitzie would eat anything, but I wouldn't feed her anything. If I don't think it's edible, I wouldn't feed it to her either. I spoil her too much! I do hope that they are able to get to the bottom of what is making you feel ill! I am keeping you in my prayers. xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn. The hard part now is helping her to get her shop open. It's not easy from this side of the pond! Thanks for all your prayers! They are helping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!