Tuesday 12 May 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook




 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, May 12 2015

Outside my window ...
Winter has returned.  It's cold.  It's windy.  It looks as if the sky is about to open any minute.  What a contrast to yesterday which was sunny and warm, although admittedly quite windy as well.  It was the perfect laundry drying day and so all the bedding was washed and hung outside.   It smelled so nice when it came back in!

I am thinking ...
Mindfulness is being aware of or bringing attention to this moment in time, deliberately and without judging the experience.  By noticing every little detail and all we encounter and connecting with these simple moments in life, it is possible to to become enchanted and at peace with your life.  Life just becomes better.

I am thankful for ...
This morning I am thankful for the electric fire!  I don't want to turn on the heat but the electric fire is helping to just briefly take the chill off!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN1672_zpsvclwjffj.jpg

A delicious one pan supper . . .  Chicken Biryani!  So good!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 photo 473c8493ab88f2154fabfe8fd7690f9b_zpspnw1wr5x.jpg

Pretzel Baguette with Mustard Butter from Table For Two.  It looks so good.

I am creating ...





















I think this cross stitch pillow from DIY Candy is really cute.






















What a cute little idea for a House Warming Gift.  From Nana and Company.  Love all of her stuff I do!






















An on the go chalkboard using an altoids tin.  Cute!  From Dukes and Duchesses.






















Bottle Cap Checkers from The Country Chic Cottage.























 I love this little crochet footstool cover.  From Dottie Angel.

I am reading ...


  photo 812aZuV163L._SL1500__zpsvpezlv3t.jpg

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain

In The Silent Sister, Riley MacPherson has spent her entire life believing that her older sister Lisa committed suicide as a teenager. Now, over twenty years later, her father has passed away and she's in New Bern, North Carolina cleaning out his house when she finds evidence to the contrary. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now? As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family. Riley must decide what the past means for her present, and what she will do with her newfound reality, in this engrossing mystery. I am really enjoying it thus far! I love Diane's books. She's a great writer.  I know . . .  I am a very slow reader these days.  I only read when I go to bed and I fall asleep after about 15 minutes.

I am hoping ...
I hope that Ariana settles into her new apartment well and that her wedding goes off without a hitch.  I am looking forward to meeting her husband when she brings him back to the UK.

Makes me smile ...





















 This old fashioned blanket makes me smile.  It reminds me of my grandmother.  You can get the pattern here.  It's so vintage looking!

I am learning ...
To let go of the things I cannot change  . . .

Around the house ...





















 Love, LOVE this french cabinet re-do.   From Artsy Chicks Rule.


 





 








 This is a fab idea. Plug the holes in your fence with marbles.   From Bless My Weeds.
















What a cute, Cute, CUTE idea!   From Flaming Petal.









 












 Love  . . .  sigh  . . .  from 1001 Gardens.



 































 Five steps to a paperless kitchen.  From Happy Healthy Mama.

I am pondering ...
Something ate our lupins within days of our planting them.   I know it was slugs.   I am ponding on how to battle the slugs without hurting the birds.

A favourite quote of the day  ...

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg


`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. (¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      
ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“

Everything will be okay in the end.  
If it's not okay.  It's not the end.
~unknown

One of my favourite things ...


 











Tinned Tomatoes.  I could make a meal of just a tin of tomatoes (chilled from the refrigerator) and a slice of bread and butter with some flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper sprinkled over the tomatoes.

 A peek into my day  ...


 




Today we're shampooing the carpets.   Not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.

And that's my daybook for this week!
                 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
               ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small
*´¯`.¸¸.☆ ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



  

7 comments:

  1. sorry that it looks like rain with you for today Marie....It has staretd wet here as well but think it might clear away soon as it is getting a bit lighter looking...fingers crossed and it is certainly warm..yesterday we manage dto sit out for quite a wee while..I do like that crochet blanket as well Marie...I always enjoy what you find for us to go and browse...I am NOT with you on tinned tomato's...I can't eat them at all all squidgy and mushy !! In fact I am not that kean on Tomato's at all I just like the cherry ones that I try to grow and then pick as i am passing on way to car and eating them just warm of the plant...Thank you for the recipe for teh celariac...I am going to cook it today ans see what we all think about it I am making mince and potato as well and maybe the sweet corn cobs he has brought as well....Hope you have a good day depsite the weather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie I am glad you managed to get sun on the washing before this gloomy day.

    I have jsut eaten my cheats turkey pie. I made the sauce filling and cut huge triangles of puff pastry to serve beside it. Pip loves crispy pastry and she thought this trick was wonderful.

    I vacuumed the floors today and something made the wheels leave black marks. Fortunately I saw it before I hit the carpets.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are cooler too and had some rain but right now the sun is shinning. Hope you get the carpets done, that is a big job. Have a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just gorgeous yesterday Sybil! The rain has cleared now, but with a few dark clouds blowing through I think it will be showery. Can't complain. We live in a fairly safe country! xoxo

    Oh, that sounds quite tasty Suzan! I hope you were able to get the black marks off! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! It is a big job, but it will have to wait for another day as the Mr. picked up spot remover, not carpet shampoo! Not grumbling though. Well not as much as I could at any rate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nana and Company too:)
    It's only 51F here.. my little radish sprouts look stiff:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrr....Monique. I hope you don't lose them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love all the things that you find. I so wish I was more crafty. There are a few that I might really do something with.
    I like the little fences the best. I might could use something like that when I get some flowers planted.
    The ideas for the kitchen was cute.
    Well your posts are favorites of mine; thanks dear friend I learn a lot from you.
    Hugs and love~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!