Tuesday 16 June 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, June 16th 2015

Outside my window ...
It's that overcast that comes first thing in the morning, but which you know is going to burn off and give you a gloriously sunny day!

I am thinking ...
About all the adventures I am going to be having over the next 18 months while we are on our mission.  It is a different sort of mission that the youngsters go on.  Although it is pretty much full time, we will not be living under the same rule structure that they are.  Our lives will be completely normal when we are not doing Missionary work.

I am thankful for ...
That my Heavenly Father has enough faith in Todd and myself to call us to do this.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN1977_zpssnhfhnrn.jpg

Perfectly Cooked Cabbage.  More of a technique than a recipe.

On my "To Cook" List ...

 photo 79b357409517ac033336b0b8cfef4597_zpsdf4sa3u1.jpg

These White Chocolate Pots de Creme with Lemon and Raspberry Sauce look really delicious.   From Cooking and Beer.

I am creating ...
 photo copyright shy chubster_zpsrjxhjar5.jpg

Shy Chubster.   I am not sure how much time I will have to do art over the next eighteen months.  I will have to pick and choose what I do in my spare time.   We shall see!

 photo ef2b75e97093417cd10e0c5e91fac5e9_zpsi2mulzc0.jpg

A cute little Cookie Monster Baby Hat from Hopeful Honey.  Cookie Monster was always one of my favourite characters on Sesame Street.

 photo 3b8767609d52956b8255b686f90e2e4b_zpshlrjif45.jpg

Simple Sewing Tips  and how to make a vintage apron from The Bold Abode.

 photo 27612f7876a6041f3681585c5a6082ea_zpsdvztouij.jpg

900+ Sewing Patterns from DIYNCrafts.  

I am reading ...
 photo large_426877b96f9103f7537a545c3e69c385_zpsckcl2lnh.jpg

The King's Curse, by Philippa Gregory

It is a well-known adage that history is written by the victors but, in The King’s Curse, Philippa Gregory gives voice to those who lost in the death throes of the bloody struggle between the houses of York and Lancaster. Spanning 40 years and charting the dramatic and brutal rise of the Tudors, this expansive novel is told by the last York princess, Margaret Plantagenet. She bore witness to the actions of her increasingly tyrannical cousin Henry VIII in his attempt to make his dynasty unassailable. King Henry VII of England has kept his cousin Margaret at a distance from the court, but the marriage of his son Arthur, Prince of Wales to the Spanish princess Katherine of Aragon brings Margaret out of obscurity. Her subsequent struggles are improved when the new king Henry VIII puts his daughter Mary in her care, but Margaret's ties to the royal bloodline put her and her family in the center of the intrigues swirling around the king.

I love novels with a historical basis.

I am hoping ...
That we are financially able to meet all of our expectations over the next 18 months.  Petrol for the car will be the largest one.   The Lord qualifies those He calls.  It is going to be a real act of faith on our part.  So exciting!

Makes me smile ...
 photo image.jpg1_zpspkq7tubg.jpg

Three Grandsons fishing  . . .

 I am learning ...
Not a heck of a lot at the moment.   Probably lots of small stuff, but nothing huge.   I don't think we ever really stop learning.  At least we shouldn't.

Around the house ...

 photo 88cdef89e58ee054f9588f696407dbc4_zpsicz4ahih.jpg

How to Build a Rolling Grill Cart.   From The House of Wood.

 photo 786f918e134462e70fe6e1e3bb7e4ff2_zpse2nyf0d5.jpg

DIY Paper Mache Cake Stands.  From The House that Lars Built.

 photo 989a078766f603650217dccb64a567be_zpsikkuxmcr.jpg

Build Your Own Chicken Coop.   Love Chickens I do. From the folks at BH&G.

 photo ed477df037f38ca218ad02ca6ce2a9a7_zpsjhpmggks.jpg

How to Really Clean your gas stove.  Very Handy.   From Creek Line House.

 photo 1599f34979fe3bb13e789d7a12422772_zpsai63axbc.jpg

How to transform an old side board into something spectacular.   From Artsy Chicks Rule.  My sister would love this.

I am pondering  ...
Am I strong enough to stand alone?  I sure hope so.

A favourite Quote of the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg


(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. (¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“`*.¸.*
✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

“Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.” 
~Gordon B Hinckley

One of my favourite things  ...

 photo 132743648_creamsicle_answer_1_xlarge_zpsvf9knybv.jpeg

Orange Creamsicles.   I Love them.  I have not had one in years.   You can't get them over here.

A peek into my day  ...

 photo e5b70ec087f0f9b97ada6043fdf2e289_zpss3cfwtw9.jpg

I am always working at memorizing scriptures.  It came a lot easier when I was a child.   I can still recite the 23rd Psalm . . .  not so easy now.  Old brains don't work as well as young brains.

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
 ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!

 Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



11 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    I am eager to learn more about your mission. It sounds like it will truly test your faith.

    I hope to find time to explore some of the sites you have written about today. But it is four pm and we left home at 10 am. The day has been filled with chores for mum and Pip and a visit to dad. Dinner is a huge raost leg of lamb and I hope everyone comes because it is too big for three.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...leg of lamb. I love the stuff. Wish I could come! I hope you have a restful evening Suzan! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should all go to Suze for a bit of that Leg of lamb ! I do like lamb, in fact I ha dthat last Sunday as a change from the usual roast Beef. Lamb is a bit expensive over here rthough..
    I am so looking forward to hearing all that is going to be happening with you and Todd over then next few months, sure to be interesting.( I did read part of what you might be expectedto do on the Web site, seems an awful lot still I am sur ethe Lord will hel you at every step ) I have no idea either how you are going to pack everything into your already busy day's. I just adore that little girl she is so cute...Just please keep up with your blogging...I know that I am being selfish in wanting this but I love to read about what' going on at your end every morning. If you were not blogging I would have to be e mailing every day LOL...Oh I forgot we both have facetime now. When you have tme and feel like it you could maybe faacetime me. My facetime address is my e mail address BUT the first sybil starts with a Capital S not small case friends found this out when they trie dto get me and I did teh same when I was trying to contact my friend in Norfolk I was trying to contact her but had put all lower case and the first letter was a capital...I didn't think that woudl have mettered but it seemed to..It will be great to be able to actually "see" you some time..
    Have a lovely day, Is it today you will hear what you are going to be expected to do ? Enjoy the sun while we can, they say tomorrow dull again but today good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lamb leg is still cooking and is rare at the moment. Will and Pip want to go to the movies. Mum delayed the lamb's entrance into the oven by two hours.

    Anyway I have made Will smile. He and i are salinga around New Zealand in October. He has never been overseas. He will finally be able to see the Lord of the Rings stuff he so loves. His grin is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Sybil, I think we should all hop on over to Suzan's for tea! Oh would that we could! You are right Lamb is expensive. I only ever rarely buy it as a treat for two. We will have to facetime for sure. I don't know what my facetime address is. I think it is my phone number. I will check. I do plan on blogging at least here on this blog, even if it is only a short post each day. It is the food blog which may suffer! (But then maybe I could work on decreasing my waistline??) We will be meeting today with the Mission President to find out our jobs! Exciting stuff!! xoxo

    I love rare lamb Suzan! But not too rare. Medium rare will do, still pink. I am not surprised Will is excited! How wonderful it will be for just you two to go away together on a trip! Yay! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if it is something we are meant to do that God provides a way. It does sometimes take a lot of faith and trust though. I've been very blessed and thankful that although I've gone through some very tough times, I've always had what was needed. And I've learned that we need and what we want are very different things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Pam! And you are so right, what we want is very different from what we need. I have always had what I needed. Very blessed to be able to say that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adventure Marie..what does it entail?

    Could the church reimburse your gas costs..gee petrol sounds much nicer...
    I am going to say that now:)

    Lots of fun things..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will tell all tomorrow Monique. They say they will help us if we need it. I did not know that before our meeting today, also they will give us a church phone to use, which is also good! I'll reveal all in the morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will do some blog posts about your mission; I am very excited for you.
    I love your links and I want to look up the White chocolate Pots de creme with lemon and raspberry sauce it does sound so yummy.
    I love you latest masterpiece; you are just so amazing.
    I will have to look at the 900 plus sewing patterns for beginners to experts. I worry that I might have to sew something in the future.
    I love the picture of your sweet grandchildren.
    I too love historical based novels.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!
    Loved this one as alway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much LeAnn! Blessings and hugs to you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!