Tuesday 15 September 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, September 15th 2015

Outside my window ...
The sun is well up now, and it looks overcast.   It was very showery yesterday also.   I think autumn is well and truly here.  Now I am hoping we get at least an Indian Summer because we really haven't had much summer at all!

I am thinking ...
About food.  I failed my fasting blood test last week and have to go to another one this morning . . .  sigh . . .

I am thankful for ...
The tender mercies of the Lord.  He treats me with them every day.  I am blessed.

In the kitchen ...
We have two recipes today . . .

 photo DSCN3202_zpssmjblmj8.jpg

Savoury Sausage Breakfast Bake.   Delicious!  Of course!

 photo DSCN3193_zpseengguap.jpg

Sausage, Kale and Sweet Potato Gratin.  Also delish!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo caramelapplepie-19_zpstxflxcpo.jpg

Caramel Apple Crumble Pie from Averie Bakes.  Todd's in for a real treat!


I am creating ...

 photo 15ae1a641c9208ea6339291ee7853475_zpsowaottyj.jpg

I quite like this little Gingerbread girl ornie.   I used to have my tree totally decorated in Gingerbread people.   No Source, but it looks easy enough.

 photo 95ef7006685959c82a3390d60c820b82_zpsarykxl5v.jpg

Free Autumn Printable from Yellow Bliss Road.

 photo 3d1367edec64a52afc3de2ecccc43fd4_zpsh1n68tvo.jpg

Pet Rocks to make with the kids.  From Musings of a Stay At Home Mom.

 

 photo 49ee4a66345df3cbd07f90d4ae697e62_zpsiu4zo5jf.jpg

From Little Red Window, a DIY Cardboard Box Play Sewing Machine.  How cute!

 photo 9ac03b8e0f73f8bac5ba918b05282c6b_zpskhm8owa9.jpg

A pair of cosy slippers from an old woolen jumper/sweater.  Why not!  Found on The Instructables.

I am reading ...

 photo 1240bdf841c8496e182344a389973c8e_zpsane4hvde.jpg

My Sister's Secret, by Tracy Buchanan

This is the story of three sisters: Faith, Hope and Charity. They have a very close relationship and spend their days on the beach, dreaming about finding hidden submerged forests. It's also the story of Charity's daughter, Willow, who has inherited her mother's compulsion to dive and as a memorial to her parents sets out to visit the submerged forests on a map she finds in her Mum's belongings. The mysterious photographer, Niall Lane, seems to be visiting the same forests whilst exhibiting his Charity collection and it's only a matter of time before Willow bumps into him and uncovers some family secrets. I loved the gradual unfurling of the family secrets as Willow peels back layer after layer and uncovers secrets even her Aunt Hope knew nothing about. It's quite a sad story of childhood sweethearts who were really meant to be together but for unfortunate circumstances and underhand manipulation.

This is the first book I have read by this author and it won't be the last.

I am hoping ...
To hear from the art licenser this week.   I e-mailed a couple of weeks ago.  Got a lame response saying busy getting kids back in school, and would e-mail me in a week.  No further response.  I am becoming extremely frustrated by all of this.

Makes me smile ...

 photo 11960282_148960388775770_156615975916169680_n_zps80oqyygv.jpg

My Grand-doggie Baxter makes me smile.  He's just so cute.

I am learning ...
 I am always learning.  I try to learn something new every day.  Even if it is something very small.  I don't think we should ever stop learning or wanting to learn new things.

Dreaming about ...

 photo 2773eda8d2401367fa911ba4945e8acf_zpsklqbdzdm.jpg

 Floral staircases . . .

 photo 4d3cfe2ec638407e2283c5ef1a64cdcd_zpsbprro1n9.jpg

Painted wooden chairs  . . .

 photo 395dc3b60766b8c2525a46b950db4c57_zps9spvlncx.jpg

Painted wooden floors . . .


 photo a4f0179adf0f14537b13513869313c3a_zpspk4yhdqq.jpg

Painted antique dressers . . .

 photo 7578e8f6831d0e2f895ee6d68a1200c3_zpsnlk2xhnc.jpg

Yellow Desks . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~
   ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
      (¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“`* .¸.*
  ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

If we could be given that,
for which our hearts now ache  . . . 
Would it really prove a blessing,
or a big mistake?
It's as well we have no choice.
It's  not for us to say  . . . 
but to make the best of
whatsoever comes our way. 
~Patience Strong 

One of my favourite things ...

 photo d0fb3afc618a0359586258440fec31dd_zpsdmtdgp18.jpg

Ribbons, trims, ric rac, lace, etc.  I love, LOVE the stuff!

A peek into my day ...

 photo d3779edfbe71311ec47d7d3a837fb8aa_zpslxaf9yz5.jpg

That's me dozing off  . . . I never see the end of any television program.  I always have to go back and watch it again.  I fall asleep on the sofa all the time.  And then I wake up when I go to bed.


And that's my daybook for this week.

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!


 

7 comments:

  1. Hello my darling Girl,

    I can't help but smile about failing a blood test. I needed to smile so badly too. If it is any consolation I fail my osteoporosis medicine almosty every single day. I have to take this horrible powder, in water, two hours after eating and then I have to wait two hours to take my last pills of the day. Hence some nights I sit up waiting and waiting to take my bedtime pills.

    God bless.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks wonderful. It's apple season and I got a bag full at the farmers market last week. I made homemade apple sauce that was delicious. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie... Hope all goes well/better with you next blood test... Hard to fast when you've got soooo much good food here--LOL! Hope you hear from that art licenser... SWEET gingerbread lady--love this! Pet Rocks--too cute! Those painted floor boards are so pretty... *swoon*... LOVELY cosy slippers--great idea! We're needing more cosy these days as it's getting chilly here... Wishing you a wonderful week there, my friend! :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzan, I keep forgetting that you have osteoporosis. ((((hugs)))) It appears I might have diabetes, so another concern now for me to deal with! Oh well, these little hiccups are what keeps life exciting! xoxo

    THanks Pam! I am hoping to make it if I can. I love LOVE homemade applesauce! Happy Tuesday to you too! xoxo

    Thanks Tracy. Glad you like my suggestions. I have an old wool sweater that I am going to felt to make those slippers I think! Love and huggles back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does it mean to fail a test? The results were unclear?:(

    Hope it is a positive outcome this time..

    pretty pics Marie..love the gingerbread girl..she does look doable;)
    Taht licensing person is just the slowest person on earth..IMHO..

    c'mon lady..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your test comes back good. I enjoyed reading your Daybook; they are always fun.
    We are getting a lot of rain and some flooding. I too would love and Indian Summer.
    Your recipes look scrumptious.
    The gingerbread girl is adorable. The pet rocks look fun.
    The book looks very good; thanks for sharing it.
    The dog is a cutie.
    Of course, I always love your taste in decor; his was especially fun. I loved the yellow desk.
    I doze off easily too especially if I don't have something interesting to watch.
    Sending hugs and love your way~

    ReplyDelete
  7. It means that my blood sugars were up significantly Monique and they wanted to redo the tests. If I get the same results, the nurse said, I am probably diabetic and will have to be making some significant changes. :-( What will be will be and I will have to handle whatever comes. xoxo

    Two peas in a pod LeAnn! Two peas in a pod! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!