Saturday 13 February 2016

A bit of this and a bit of that . . .


 photo 1604407_422248961249782_1049052938_n_zps37a6af2d.jpg  

PRAY
 Always pray for eyes that see the best in all people and a heart that forgives the worst.
 Pray for a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith.
 Pray for the courage to love again when your heart has been broken in a thousand pieces.
Pray for the wisdom to learn from your mistakes and the understanding that you may fail again.
And pray for the strength to go on when you think your world has come to an end.
But most of all, pray that you can live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you.
~Unknown 

A friend of mine posted this on her facebook page and I loved it.  I thought to myself, that is too good not to share.   I like the possibility that someone who may not know God can associate with me and come to know God from that association.   I hope that others can see the light of Christ in me, always.

 

I got a package in the post that I was not expecting yesterday.  Surprise, surprise!  I love surprises!



 A big box filled with an assortment of Corker's Crisps.   I am not supposed to be eating these things.  I guess the missionaries will benefit from these as they always do the popcorn I get sent.   There are some interesting flavours here though . . . pork sausage and English mustard (sounds good), Parsnip with honey and black pepper, Duck and Hoisin Sauce  . . . to name a few.   Perhaps some of this are a bit too sophisticated for the missionaries?   ahem . . . no, methinks not.  I see a crisp tasting party in the offing.


 photo 0ca9de09ae85df9c481d11848e28f7a0_zps94f35aa6.jpg

If I wasn't already disgusted with the NHS I am now.   As you know Todd and I have an elderly friend named Doreen.  She is 86 years old.   A few weeks back she had a bit of a fall in her house.  It is always bad when this happens because she cannot get up and has to wait for Billy to come in the morning to help her up.  She had been complaining to me that her knee was sore and swollen since then.  I could not see any bruising but I told her that I felt she should go to the Doctor.  She did go to the Doctor and he sent her to the hospital for x-rays, etc. last Tuesday.   She had an appointment at 3 PM for these.    I called her last night and she told me that they did the x-rays and some blood tests, and that she sat there until gone 8:30 PM without anyone saying anything to her, just waiting.  That's five and a half hours.  She finally said to them, I am going to have to go home.  I have been here for five and a half hours and I haven't had anything to eat or drink.  So she went home without knowing anything.  Yesterday she got a letter in the post saying that she has a fractured knee, and giving her a follow up appointment on Tuesday next, for what?  Your guess is as good as mine.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

This is an elderly woman who is in an extreme amount of pain, who cannot put any weight at all onto that leg because of the pain.   Surely this should be attended to asap?  You would think eh?  Again . . .

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!  Shame on you NHS.

 photo d44329466e8bc44a7b089b8c5c30e432_zpsf7m86ptq.jpg

We did the flat inspections for the Chester Missionaries yesterday.   What a great group they are, but I am a bit biased, I admit.  Elder Candland made Todd a tuna sandwich when we were there.  And Elder Judd played the Ukelele for us and they both sang.  So sweet.  The Sisters . . .  they always make me smile.  We were trying to figure out the timer for their boiler so that it goes on and off when it should.  I am a bit of a idiot when it comes to those things, lol.  One of our Elders, he cannot sleep in his bed on the frame, because he is too tall.  The bed isn't long enough.  He says that is okay however, because it means that if they have an exchange, they have an extra bed for someone to sleep in.  In the meantime he has a mattress on the floor, which he seems to be okay with.  These youngsters just roll with the punches.  They're great!

 

I got all the recipe cards printed, cut and put into the cookbook with the picture tabs.  I think I will need to get some  more picture tabs.  Now to start printing my recipes on the cards.  My handwriting is not so great.  We'll see how that goes and I have my little fox almost sewn together.  Just the tail and clothing left to do.  I did it last night while we were watching the telly.  I always like to be busy with something so that it is not just idle time.

 

Little Lucy being obedient.  She is so sweet.  I love Spaniels.  Lucy is a Springer.   She  makes me want a puppy again, but alas . . .  we are getting on too much in years.   A dog lives about fifteen years or so.  That would make me seventy five, and Todd ninety two.  It would be irresponsible.  We have our Mitzie and perhaps we will make friends with some one who has a puppy and won't mind sharing, lol  Those chubby little puppy bellies though . . .  they are so compellling.  I just want to snuffle and their ears and paws too.  I think Mitzie sometimes must find in me a big pest!  However I bring cheesies (Wotsits) to the table and so I think that makes up for all of my pestering.  She loves cheesies.  Most evenings we share a small bag, 90 calories.  One for me, one for her, and I let her lick the bag after it's empty.  Okay, confession, I always make sure there are one or two left in the bottom of the bag.  She really enjoys that exercise.  The bag is always amazingly turned inside out when she is done!  Dogs  . . .  they are man's best friend.

 

I can show you this now.   I saw this little picture holder in Dunelm a couple of weeks back.  It is like a snow globe, except it is filled with sparkle hearts, etc.  gold.   I thought I bet Tatiana would like that, so I bought it and stuck a photo of us together in it and sent it to her when I was mailing her boots back to her a week or so ago.  They arrived finally and so she has seen it, so now I can share.   I don't think that girl believes in herself enough sometimes.  She is so talented.  The work she does with her bookmaking.  It's just gorgeous.  And her  sweet personality.  I love her to bits!  Todd does too.  I can't wait for her to visit us again.  I hope it will be soon.  I like having younger people around.  She is the same age as my oldest son . . .  so like a daughter to me, but better because she is also a friend.  I like that.


 photo 423780b9618d81b2104c8929954fef7c_zpse3f9f3eb.jpg

Todd wants me to go in to Chester with him today.   I might  . . .  I haven't made up my mind yet.  A larger part of me just wants to stay home where it is warm and bake a cake or something.  It is Valentines Day tomorrow.  I want to bake a cake or do something special for that . . .  but then  also want to pick up a nice steak for us to share. (IF I left it up to him it wouldn't be the right kind.) I already got him some prawns.  (He love LOVES prawns).  So I will probably go in with him.  We will see how I feel a bit later on, lol .  I am such a homebody.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . .

~~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~♥♥♥~• ~~
"Married couples are tried by temptation, 
misunderstandings, financial problems,
 family crises, and illness, 
and all the while love grows stronger. 
Mature love has a bliss 
not even imagined by newlyweds." 
~Boyd K Packer
~~•~♥♥♥~•.~•~♥♥♥~• ~♥♥♥~• ~~

Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN5220_zpsopo9nfpx.jpg


Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Coconut Cookies.  Quite simply delish!


Have a perfectly wonderful Saturday.  Whatever you get up to,  don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marie,

    I had to smile about a steak to share. These days I by a a small amount on eye fillet steak for mum and I to eat. She can't manage most steaks now. I am still convinced it is great economy because on Thursday I took mum and Pip out and it costs me $60. Eating at home would have been far less. Whatever you do I hope your find something great for tomorrow's meal. Poor Beth is having to spend her 7th anniversary of going out with Jermu tonight instead of tomorrow because tomorrow morning she is helping with an engagement party. The two of them are going to a vegan restaurant tonight that is named the "Loving Hut"

    Please do not be embarrassed about your handwriting. Your family will treasure your writing is all about you. I don't think your writing is bad at all and your stitching is exquisite.

    I love the guidance about prayer. So good.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gift to Tatiana is so sweet, I'm sure it made her smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great name for a restaurant Suzan! I love it "The Loving Hut." Perfect place to go with someone you love! Thanks for your sweet comments! Love you! xoxo

    Thanks Val! I think she liked it too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what your frame does..many yrs ago the girls gave me 3 snowglobes that you insert the photo in..I cannot believe they have never leaked! Of course mine are Christmas..so no hearts..but snow..
    isn't it a bit of a thrill to find the perfect frame..for the perfect photo?
    It's adorb.
    Your book is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS We can't eat a whole big steak..w ecut it in haf when we eat it..RARELY;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift from your girls Monique! I love these types of things! So special! We only ever eat half a steak as well! We could never eat a whole one now. And we like it rare also! xoxo

    You're a treasure Tatiana! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anything ever happened to Mitzie, you could always go to a dog shelter and get another, "older" dog to love....one that could grow old with you and Todd. I'm sure there are many lonely dogs out there just waiting to get a snuffle.
    Love the selfie frame...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie~

    I just love the prayer picture . . . and the quote is beautiful. I need to be sure to pray for all of those things, someone was very inspired!

    Poor Doreen! Do you think that would of happened 20 years ago, letting an older person wait, while they are in pain? I think not! The poor dear, I will keep her in my prayers.

    Missionaries are a special bunch! I worry about them so much, but they always seem to handle life and all that comes with it in the mission field. I just love them all!

    Your recipe cards are so cute! I think you really should hand write the cards. I have some hand written cards from my mother that I just treasure.

    I have a very soft spot for anything furry . . . :0)

    I love your selfie, you have a beautiful, contagious smile!

    Happy Valentines Day - enjoy the cake!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our thoughts precisely Marsha. We will likely get a rescue dog who needs a good home. xoxo

    You are right Barb, I doubt it would have happened 20 years ago, or if we lived in a smaller community with a hospital. So many hospitals are now regionalized and have to dear with far too many patients! They are now doing the same thing with Doctor's offices/surgeries as they are called over here. You only ever rarely get to see a Doctor, it's usually a nurse and when you do, you never get to see the same one twice, so they are always relying on the person who has seen you last's notes. That's not on either. No wonder people die. Happy Valentines Day. I did not make cake after all, I surprisingly enough, went into town! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Pray; it was a awesome one. I am sure the missionaries will love the different flavored Corkers; so a tasting party sounds perfect.
    I feel sad to hear about your medical. I really thing that the United States is heading in this direction with medical. It is horrible to make people wait when they are in pain or when they have a fear of the unknown and need to know what is going on with them. I will pray for Doreen; that she can heal quickly.
    I always love to read about your time with the missionaries. Yes, those missionaries can be resourceful and resilient.
    When I was little I had a Springier Spaniel and really loved that dog. Now our sweet Sammy is our treasure.
    I love your Selfie and I love that you have a sweet young woman that you enjoy as your daughter.
    Blessings, hugs and love for you both! Hope you had a sweet Sabbath Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks LeAnn! I have the one set of Elders and an Investigator/friend coming for supper tomorrow night so we will see! Doreen will really appreciate your prayers for sure! Blessings and hugs to you and Roger also. Hope your Sabbath was equally blessed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!