Monday 15 February 2016

Small and Wonderful things . . .


 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 

There used to be a pop song when I was a teen which went . . .  I like dreaming, coz dreaming can make you mine.  I have some pretty vivid dreams.  For instance last night I had a baby, a car accident and witnessed a man beating up a cow . . .  I was hollering at Todd to call the Police.  And thats just the ones immediately prior to me waking up this morning.  Whew!  I was so glad to wake up and realize they were only dreams and not real!   It was a pretty cute baby though . . . although in all honest now at the age of sixty, my baby taking care of days are over.   That's what happens when you watch Call the Midwife just before bed!

 

I love our Sunday Night Dates with Call The Midwife.  I hope this show never ends, although the reality is that one day it will, but we won't think about that!  My great Grandmother Best was a Midwife up on the South Mountain back home, in Inglesville.  I don't know how many babies she helped deliver, but it was probably more than a few.   She was also a farmer's wife.  I am pretty sure there was no glamour involved.



Two cheeky chappies blowing bubbles on a wintery Valentines Day.   They are nicely bundled up and its a good thing as it looks very cold!  Brrr . . .  sunny though, and you can't beat that.  Luke in the front and Gabe in the background.  That is joy.

 

My middle son Doug and his wife Kayla, cutting it up for the camera on a Valentines day.  Ohh to be so young again and have all of your lives in front of you.  Sweet.  They love each other.  I love that.


 photo 1454697_10100293981137189_806543351_n_zpsf3b1938e.jpg

All a mother wants is for her children to be happy and settled.  One more to get married now . . . this July.  Oh happy day  . . .  ☺

 photo SAM_1958_zps9a1c5b1f.jpg

She still loves Squirrel.   It gets a regular playing with, multiple times during the day.  She would probably be afraid of a real one.  She's brave from a distance, but if you get too close, she high-tails it into the house for re-enforcements!

 

A husband who loves me with all of his heart, and who isn't afraid to show me how much . . .  even though I know at times I irritate him with my front seat back seat driving, lol.  I think the good must far outweigh the bad.  He's still here making me happy.



A God, Heavenly Father . . .  who loves me even more than that.  Incomprehensible.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today . . .

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
"We cannot truly love God 
if we do not love our fellow travelers 
on this mortal journey. 
Likewise, we cannot fully love our fellowmen
 if we do not love God, the Father of us all."
~Thomas S Monson 
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷღೋღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Spiritual Enlightenment

My shingles are hurting again.  I hope they aren't coming back  . . .

 photo DSCN5234_zpsjpqil8rn.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Dill and Mustard Sauced Roasted Cabbage.

May the week ahead of you be filled with loads of small and wonderful things! Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. You had a sweet day:)
    Yes all a mother wants is for her family to be happy and well:)
    It will be so exciting for you the wedding:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that I can go Monique. I am unsure yet. A lot depends on health issues, and of course money is an issue as well. It sounds like you had a lovely celebration also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~

    Family . . . that's what it's all about!! Love the bubble pictures, I can tell they are having a lot of fun!

    It's so important to have someone in your life who loves you despite all the insecurities and sometimes being a backseat driver . . . :0)

    I hope you are not getting shingles again too - that is really not fun at all, you will be in my prayers, Marie.

    One thing that we can all depend on is, God's love for us.

    Hugs,

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do say that stress brings them on Barb. Last time I was stressing about my upper endoscopy, this time I am trying hard not to stress about my colonoscopy. I wish they would not make you wait so long for these things! You are right about God's love. It is everything. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!