Tuesday 16 February 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY, February 16, 2016

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cold.  I can see a heavy frost laying on the car.  The pond was frozen over yesterday for the first time all Winter. Todd had to break the ice to feed the fish.

I am thinking ...
Doreen is going to hospital day.  I am thinking about her and hoping that they are able to sort her knee out without too much problems.  I hate that she has had to wait so long.  She fell on New Years Day.

I am thankful for ...
This Sunday we went to another Ward for church.  It just so happened that our Mission President and his wife were there as well.  President and Sister Ulrich.  They gave fabulous talks.  I am so thankful for them and all that they do  for the Missionaries in the England Manchester Mission.  Exemplar people and so caring and loving.

In the Kitchen ...


I was testing kitchen tools and made a delicious Winter Fruit Salad with a Lemon and Poppy Seed Dressing.

 photo SAM_4335_zps29fb02ba.jpg

But I promised the Missionaries muffins for out meeting this morning, so as soon as I finish here I am going to be in the kitchen baking these amazing Bran Muffins.

 On my "To Cook" list ...

Chicken Marsala

A  Creamy Weeknight Chicken Masala from Food 52 by Lesley Stephens.  Photo by Mark Weinberg.  Just for two.  Perfect for us.

I am creating ...


Charlotte fox kit, Felt Animal Craft Kit - Fox Sewing Kit - hand-sewing, fox ornament, beginner sewing kit, DIY sewing, fantastic fox

I've gotten Charlotte all serw up now.  I just have to do her dress and bag and she is done.  From Cynthia Treen Studio. So cute.

 

This felt intitial is so darling.  From  My Felt

 

Make your own homemade Chapped Skin Balm.  From Mom 4 Real.  All Natural.




Origami Mice.  Red Ted's Art Blog.  So cute.

 

I know  . . .  two paper crafts, but these are so cute.  Origami Paper Tulips, from The Pin Junkie.

I am still saving for my envelope punch and score board so I can begin my next paper project.

I am reading ... 

 

Nancy, The Story of Lady Astor, by Adrian Fort

In 1919, Nancy Astor became the first woman to take a seat in parliament. She was not what had been expected. Far from a virago who had suffered for the cause of female suffrage, she was already near the centre of the ruling society that had for so long resisted the political upheavals of the early twentieth century, having married into the family of one of the richest men in the world. She was not even British. She would prove to be a trailblazer and beacon for the generations of women who would follow her into Parliament.

This new biography charts Nancy Astor's incredible story, from penury in the American South, to a lifestyle of the most immense riches, from the luxury of Edwardian England, through the 'Jazz Age', and on towards the Second World War: a world of great country estates, lavish town houses and the most sumptuous entertainments, peopled by the most famous and powerful names of the age. But hers was not only the life of power, glamour and easy charm: it was also defined by principles and bravery, by war and sacrifice, by love and bitter disputes.

With glorious, page-turning brio, Adrian Fort has brought to life this restless, controversial American dynamo, an unforgettable woman who left a deep and lasting imprint on the political life of our nation.

I love a good auto-biography, and when it is about a woman as inspiring as this one, so much the better.

PS - I gave up on the last book I was reading because it started to get a bit raunchy.  I hate it when that happens.

Looking forward to ...
We have a very full day today, with District Meeting this morning, street display this afternoon, then the Elders are coming with an Investigator friend for supper, and then the Sisters are coming with a girl for a teaching lesson tonight.  Very full and busy day.  Thankfully I did a LOT of the meal prep yesterday.

I am learning ...
To be kinder in the car.  I am very verbal about other drivers, and critical of them.   I am learning to just keep quiet about it.  It's not easy. lol  I read a talk by Larry R Lawrence from our last General Conference, "What Lack I Yet,"  in which we were challenged to think of ways we could improve ourselves.  This is one of mine.

Dreaming About ...

 

Teapot bungalows . . . this one plays music, Oh What a Beautiful Morning  . . .  Can you imagine it?


 

Vermont  . . .  my favourite place on earth . . .



Roses in the bedroom . . . look at that lamp . . .



A place to sit and write  . . .

 

Space to cook in  . . .

A favourite quote for the day  ...
 (¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
            ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸.❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                       * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

To thrive in life you need three bones  . . .  
a wish bone, a back bone and  . . .  a funny bone.
~Reba McIntyre

Makes me smile ... 

 

Puppy snuggles when you are off work and feeling ill.  Lucky Sara, so much loving up . . .

One of my favourite things  ...


Forget Me Nots . . .  and yet, I've never been able to get them to grow for me . . .

A peek into my day ...

 photo SAM_4251_zps5f62a651.jpg

You should have seen us trying to get this little lady into the bath last evening.   She practically did everything but play dead to avoid it. Even cheese couldn't tempt her.  We got her there in the end, but it was a huge struggle.  She absolutely hates baths.


And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░



Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 And I do too!!



7 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! So sorry about your friend Doreen... hope & pray all will be well! Delicious food today--that salad looks very refreshing...mmm... That little felt fox is adorable... tooo CUTE! I'd make one of those little paper origami mice for our Charlie, but he'd have that in shreds in no time... ;) Good luck with your kind-car verbal abstinence.... not easy! LOVELY to see Miss Mitzie. I guess you're recovering from bath time?! LOL... Happy week to you all there ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick hello while we have electricity. It hit 42 in the shade today. I don't want candles lit as they heat up the house more. But at least we have a home, some cool drinks and the power company is trying. The lights flash on and off.

    God bless your dya. I love the animals and the felt work is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your prayers for Doreen are very much appreciated Tracy! On Charlie, just think of the fun he would have destroying it! The kind car verbal thing is not easy but I think I am making progress! Happy week to all of you as well with lots of love and big hugs coming your way! xoxo

    Hi Suzan, I cannot imagine temperatures like that. I am uncomfortable when it hits 30 or 31. I do not think I could cope. Thank goodness you have some cool drinks. Hope your power will be back to scratch soon and you can enjoy your Air Con! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well for your friend..the stitchery ..s are adorable..I am out of breath for you ,so busy..That Sara has a gorgeous smile.
    Love the lampshade..love Vermont..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Marie you have been so busy these last few days and yet still it goes on, today is another long day for you..I am praying that you find time to stop and rest for a wee while.....poor wee Mitzie having to have a bath !!...my Masy is not very keen either, but thankfully it is Maggie who has to do,her when she comes to trim her etc...I sit through here in the sitting room and there is a deathly silence as Maggie gets her washed...she dosnt like it either but just gives in !!.....I didn't get my cataract op done yesterday..it was a right farce in the end it was OF at first when I called to say I had a cold....then 10 mins later I had a call to say it was ok so it was ON....2 hours later had a call to say it was cancelled as the machine had broken down !!...they gave me another appointment for Friday March 7 th...I think....then this morning I had a call to say there had been a cancellation so could I go on Friday 26 th !!!! It will get done..one day. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such nice words. I am enjoying your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will call Doreen this morning Monique, God willing, she is home, but we shall see. I didn't get a chance yesterday and then I thought it was too late! Yesterday was a whirlwind of a day! xoxo

    Oh dear Sybil, what a pallaver! This type of thing is happening far too often. Hoping you have it done sooner rather than later! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! My toes too! ;-) xoxo

    Thanks so much Gina. You are very kind! Welcome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!