Saturday 17 September 2016

Saturday this and that . . .



 This is a picture I took of me the other day fooling around with my phone.  I am so not a selfie kind of person, or a trout pout lady either.  Kissie kissie is just not me!  It's so affected and I was just joking around, but I thought I would share it with you anyways, because it is rather funny I thought.  I wouldn't mind actually having fatter lips instead of my usual thin lips.

My lips have always been thin.   I look like my dad.  My sister has fuller lips, like my mom.  Sigh  . . .

 

The thin lips are fully evident in this one I did without my glasses a couple of days ago.  I don't think I will ever get this selfie business.  I always seem to get it wrong.  I am like that kid who looks all cheesy when you say smile for the camera.  It always seems to look "affected" to me.   I don't ever think I look natural!

I have never really liked having my photograph taken and I am not sure why that is.   I have very, very few photos of me with the children.  I was always the photo taker.

I think my hair is almost at the point now where I want to go and have it dyed another colour.  Like Granny Grey perhaps.

  

I quite like Granny Grey, perhaps with one pink streak somewhere.  We'll see.

 

Earlier this week we watched a couple of programs on the terrorist attacks which happened on 9/11/2001.  I think it is important to watch these things and to never forget what happened.   My heart broke all over again at the utter evil that perpetrated these terrible acts and I cried.  Our whole world changed on that day . . .  We have all had to live in a state of high alert ever since.   The total loss of life on 9/11 was close to 3,000 and would have been even higher had they not managed to ground all of the flights when they did.   I don't know how many have lost their lives to these acts of cowardice in the intervening years, but it is quite a few . . .  and it makes me sad to think about the type of people who do things like this.  It is evil, pure evil.  If my heart breaks over there things, how much more does God's heart break  . . .

My eye feels a LOT better this morning than it did yesterday.  I woke up feeling like I had something in my eye yesterday morning and I rubbed it and it just kept feeling worse and worse.  I could hardly keep it open.  I ended up going back to bed and keeping it closed for about an hour and a half and whilst it wasn't totally 100% when I did get up again, it was a lot better.  Todd went and got me some drops for it at the Chemist.   Why is it so hard to put drops in your eye??  I have such a hard time and then when Todd tried, I kept jumping.  Not sure how many drops actually got INTO my eye, but we did try.

And it was my bad eye, which I suppose is much better than it being my good eye!



Great news!  Lura's husband John has had his CT Scan and his leukemia is in the beginning stages.  So no red flags yet, and no treatments yet.  He will be closely monitored, but God willing it will progress very slowly.  Keep those prayers coming!  Prayer can work miracles.  I truly believe that.

 

My oldest son loves my art.  I had done a hare picture a number of years back, just a tiny one.  He recently sent me some art stuff as a gift and I felt inspired to do another hare, inspired by  his faith in me.  This is the one I did.     I did it from a photo I saw of a hare, which I can't find now to show you.  Nevermind . . .  it doesn't  matter.   I really struggle with this type of painting.  I am very much a person who likes to dot her "i's" and cross her "t's."  Being loose doesn't come easily to me.  I am a fiddler and a perfectionist when it comes to my work.  But I have forced myself to leave this alone and I like it more each day I look at it.

Watercolour  . . . I may have to practice this style more and more.

Growth is about stretching.

 

This is another one I did the other day.   Just a wee girl.  I heard that saying and it stuck with me and I thought I would like to do a picture based on it and this is what came out.  Oddly enough the original has already sold and is going to a friend in Louisiana who likes witches.

I hope she is happy with this one.   I am always on pins and needles until the person who buys my work actually has it in hand . . . I am not sure why, but I always worry that they won't be happy with it once they receive it.   That's the worry -wart in me coming out.

  

And I have calendars.   I crossed my fingers and had ten calendars printed which contain (aside from the cover) 12 different pieces of my art.   All of those scenic ones you saw me doing, with the little girls and different things, shelling peas, blackberry picking etc.

 

The car bumper with its coat of primer.  I am not sure why I forgot to take a photo of it with its final coat of turquoise/green paint.   Todd did ever such a great job of it.  The original was red with black rubber.  Todd spray painted it with car paint to match the car and you can't tell the difference.  It looks like new.  It was hard to find a replacement bumper to replace the one which got ripped off, but we did eventually.  It had to come all the way from Manchester.  We were so grateful to find one.  The older a car is, the more difficult it is to find parts.  Our car is 19 years old, but it only cost 10p so we don't complain, and it has relatively low mileage as well.  The first owner was a little old lady and the second owner a middle aged lady, and now it is owned by a couple of grey hairs, lol.  One of God's blessings is this car.  And we are grateful for it.

And now you are all caught up with what's been going on in Casa de Rayner this week and so I will leave you with a thought for today  . . .

⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
Rock bottom has built
more heroes 
than priviledge.
~unknown
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment



In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Chocolate Fondant Cakes. To. Die.  For.


I hope you have a great Saturday.  I pray for each of you every day.  You are all very special to me.  Please know that . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!




9 comments:

  1. The news from John's scan is splendid. I wish them well on the journey. I am pleased about your eye too.

    A quick lesson in eye drops ( I did teach blind preschoolers and was a registered nurse...I have done a lot of eye stuff). Read or not at your pleasure. Firstly your eye muscles are so strong. They need to be. You can trick them. Close your eyes tightly and keep them closed until you really want to open them. Tell Todd at this stage as he will have a bit more time before you will blink. Get him to aim the drop right in the corner near your nose. Even if it hits the skin it should run in when you open your eye. I find if the person is upright in a chair and puts their head back and tilts in the other direction to the eye that needs drops things are easier too. Staring at the corner of a ceiling might help too.

    Marie, I understand about being nervous about your work. You put so much of you into each piece and of course you hope that the work is loved.

    The bumper looks great, even in its undercoat.

    Finally grey hair with a pink stripe sounds wonderful. My Pip is very blonde. Sometimes she puts the upper part of her hair in a pony and rinses the lower half pink or purple. It doesn't show much unless she choose it. Her bob is neat and wild at the same time.

    God bless your day and may you find lots of happiness and love as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the chatty comment today Suzan! You must have great wifi access today. THanks for the advice re the eye drops. I will try that! God bless your day also and lots of love and happiness headed back to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a blessed week with your friends health, the art work, the car bumper and your eye feeling better. Hope today is just as wonderful for you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post..
    Signed..Thin lips 2:)

    You take good selfies..and what nice skin you have..


    :)

    I once asked my hairdresser about grey dye..not a great idea.. when I have more I may let it do it's thing..the pink streak..just do a temp. one to see how you like it:)

    The bumper looks amazing!

    No problem w/ eye drops here:)

    Love the hare..the girl..everything..
    Blessedly loaded with talent you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Pam! You have a lovely weekend also! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! Do you think thin lips are a French thing Monique? I get them from my father and everyone else in his family has thin lips. Thank you about my skin. I actually have sebaceous excema and so I have to be really careful with my skin. I can only use certain things on it. I also stay out of the sun because it is not my friend, as much as I love to see it! I have a lot of grey now, but am still pondering the whole grey thing. I think I will be pondering it for a very long time, lol. I am a bit chicken! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hare! Keep on loosening up, Marie, that may be the key to future success.
    I'm no good at selfies either. I think the ones we see are the result of much work on makeup, the all-important pout, and a knowing sideways look, all of which elude me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

  7. I think it's heredity and genes..lol One of my daughters has big lips..Jacques does too..our other daughters are much fuller than mine also..
    lucky girls..

    ah Marie go for a pink streak you can do yourself..that washes out!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are you selling your calendars? Didn't see them on Etsy but maybe i wasn't looking close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Bunny! Either that or very good editing! haha xoxo

    I will bear that under consideration Monique! xoxo

    I don't have them in my Etsy Shop Anna. By private message. If you want one you can e-mail me for more details. mariealicejoan at aol dot com. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!