Monday 10 October 2016

Small and Wonderful Things . . .




"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 

All of the uplifting testimonies which were born in church yesterday.  It was a fabulous church meeting.  From beginning to end.  Even young children got up and shared theirs.  It does the heart good to see and hear these youngsters bearing their testimonies without fear.  It does the heart good to know that the future of the church is in good hands.  I was able to also bear mine.   I don't do it near often enough.  But I need to do it more often.

We are blessed to have the truth. We have a mandate to share the truth. Let us live the truth, that we might merit all that the Father has for us. ~Thomas S Monson 

  

In our church everyone is entitled to get what is called a "Patriarchal Blessing." A patriarchal blessing (also called an evangelist's blessing) is a blessing or ordinance given by a patriarch (evangelist) to a church member. Patriarchal blessings are modeled after the blessing given by Jacob to each of his sons prior to his death. Patriarchal blessings include a declaration of a person’s lineage in the house of Israel and contain personal counsel from the Lord. As a person studies his or her patriarchal blessing and follows the counsel it contains, it will provide guidance, comfort, and protection.

“Your patriarchal blessing will see you through the darkest night. It will guide you through life’s dangers.” ~Thomas S. Monson

I read my patriarchal blessing just about every day. Sometimes I am just reading words, other times things jump out at me and I see things and find meaning that I did not see or find before.  Yesterday morning as I was putting on my makeup and getting ready for church I was prompted to get my Patriarchal blessing from out of my night stand and read it.   Towards the end of it I came to these words . . .

"Your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to be happy.  It is for this purpose that you were sent to the earth . . . " 

I have read those words a bazillion times over the past 17 years, but they never touched me like they did when I read them yesterday.   I am so very grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me enough to point me towards and to send me the exact words I need to hear/read/see exactly when I need to hear/read/see them.

 

I love this.  The choice truly is ours to make.



I love these ballerina flats.   I have looked everywhere for a pair.  I keep coming up blank.  Butterfly Twists.  They look so comfortable.  I had a pair of ballerina flats when I was in my last year of highschool.   I wore them everywhere.  They were quite the rage.  Mine were just plain black.   They never had anything as fabulous as these!  How very patriotic! 



The scriptures.  They contain everything you need to get by.




Packages from home that hold tiny surprises like these measuring spoons.  Thanks sis!  This was such a thoughtful addition and really made my heart smile. 

 

She really loves me.   I really love her.  She is my constant companion here in the mornings.  We have a routine.  I get up, she greets me as soon as I come into the lounge.   I give her a snuggle, then she goes out to do her business.  I get her dentastick and greet her with it when she comes back in. She lays down on the floor next to me while I read my e-mails and eats her dentastick.  Then she has another little nap.  After a bit I say to her, do you want your breakfast and she follows me into the kitchen, her cold wet nose tap tapping me on the back of my calves as I go.  She sits and watches me from the doorway to the kitchen.   I put her dish down.  She comes over and sniffs, then looks up at me as if to say thank you, has another scratch behind the ear and then gets down to the business of eating.  Then it is lay by the feet and keep me company time again.  She is tuned in to my every move and mood.  Last week when I went out to the Ladies supper, Todd says she would not settle at all the whole time I was gone.  She lay facing the front the door the whole time I was out, nose by the door, waiting and occasionally whining . . . just a little bit.   She is used to Todd going out without me, but she is not used to me going out without Todd.  She was ever so happy to see me when I got home and ended up sleeping with me that night.   Normally she sleeps down here in the lounge and quite happily so.   Last Tuesday night she nosed her way into our bedroom not too long after we went to bed and lay down next to my side on the floor.  I guess she wanted to make sure I wasn't going out again!  ☺


 

Plus she lets me dress her up for the holidays!!!  Todd doesn't let me do that.  We saw a Santa Claus hat in Hobby Craft the other day and I said to him we should get one of those for you to wear at the Ward Christmas Party.  His response . . . not likely.

 Oh well . . .  I tried.

And that is my small and wonderfuls for this week, although there were many, many more. My days are filled with them. A thought to carry with you as you go along your day . . . ⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰
Remember that faith and doubt
cannot exist in the same mind,
at the same time,
for one will dispel the other.
~Thomas S Monson
⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰⊰✿⊰

Spiritual Enlightenment

 photo DSCN9320_zps74oexo8h.jpg

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Old Time Chicken Roast.



I hope the week ahead of you is filled with many small and wonderful things. May you be truly blessed. Along the way don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 and I do too!



7 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. I love your post. There is nothing like the companionship of a dog. They are genuinely attached to their people and are so loving. Give your little girl a love from me.

    I read the recipe a few hours ago and I would love to try it. I doubt I will be able to but a girl can dream.

    Today is Will and Pip's birthday and the day has been full. A few hours to go and the birthdays for the year will be done.

    God bless you and keep you and Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they twins Suzan? I still have a few birthdays to go before the end of the year. All but one of my children were born in the last two/first month of the year. Two one day after the other (but 9 years apart!) And I have one grandson with a birthday coming up also. Love and hugs and blessings to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will was 225 today and Pip was 20. Sometimes Pip still dislikes it but they generally have a blast and do share a special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is full of choices and it's up to each of one of us what we choose. I choose to be thankful everyday and that seems to make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Okay Suzan. That is a five year difference I am assuming, not a 205 year difference. You just gotta love computers. How wonderful that they share a special bond. Oddly enough My youngest son and youngest daughter who have birthdays just a day apart also have a special bond, even though there is 9 years difference in age. They are also the most alike. xoxo

    You are right Pam! I think happy is a choice we make. Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie - The ballerina flats you like can be found at many internet sites. I've listed a few sites below. The are called: Union Jack

    HERE:
    http://www.signals.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?ACTION=DETAIL&ITEM=HP8902&OP1=37&websource=SIGGOOGLE7&source_code=SIGGOOGLE7&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&coupon_code=SIGGOOGLE7&gclid=CK23kJGp2M8CFQx6fgod7vcMoA

    HERE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Butterfly-Twists-Leather-Ballet-Flats/dp/B00SG7NWYA?th=1

    HERE:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Butterfly-Twists-Faux-Leather-Ballet-Flats-Union-Jack-British-Flag-/282046093478

    HERE:
    http://www.acornonline.com/clothing/butterfly-twists-ballet-flats-jack/HP8902.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!