Tuesday 25 October 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, October 25, 2016 

Outside my window ...
Its dark and very chilly.  I am debating on whether to turn the heat on or not.

I am thinking ...
This is my last daybook entry for October.  Wow.  This month has flashed by.  I can't believe how quickly it has gone!

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN9448_zpsjjakddqj.jpg

Harvest Casserole.  A delicious vegetable casserole that is quite, quite adaptable.  The original calls for butternut squash, rutabaga, and courgettes.  All I had was squash and so I added peas, beans, carrots and cauliflower instead of the others and it was fabulous!

On my "to cook" list ...

  

Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole from Rasa Malasia.  It looks fabulous.  I love potatoes and I love chicken.  Yum!

Good to know ...
 

I am creating ...



I love this rustic slouch hat.  I am not one much for wearing hats in the winter, but I might like this.  Little Monkey's Crochet.  Its free and there's a scarf to match.

 

How to make a Christmas Ornament Wreath with a metal hanger.  From Home Talk.  I haven't seen a metal hanger in years.   I wonder where you can get them?

 

Car in a Jar.  I love this.  From Mason Jar Crafts.



Christmas Tree Napkins.  What a fab idea!  From Publix.

  

Book Racks using Ikea spice racks.   From Capturing Joy.

 I am reading ...

 


Behind Closed Doors, by B. A. Paris
 Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim? And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows? The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?

 A cracking read thus far! Loving it. Its actually a bit scary!

I am looking forward to ...
Getting tomorrow over with, but probably not half as much as Todd is.

Dreaming about ...




Flowery wall paper  . . .

 

A Cottage kitchen  . . .



Painted dressers  . . .  and look at that rug  . . .

 

Floating candles  . . .



A crown of flowers  . . .

 

A place to stretch out with a blanket and a book . . .

 Something to watch ...
 

The Lady in the Van.   Totally charming and based on a real life character.   You will enjoy. We did.

A favourite Quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸.
                     ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“`
                                        * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. 
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. 
But if you can't handle me at my worst, 
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 
~Marilyn Monroe  

Makes me smile ...
 

Tis true  . . . well, except for Todd and Mitzie.

One of my favourite things ...

 

Visiting historic homes and gardens  . . .

Corners of my kingdom ...

 photo SDC10660.jpg

A photo I took a few years ago in Tatton Park.  It's so lovely there and the gardens are just breathtakingly beautiful  . . .

 photo SDC10656.jpg

A handkerchief tree  . . . again at Tatton Park

And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


 And I do too!



9 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marie. Lots of love to you and Todd. I have been to the hospital and to see dad today. I am exhausted.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful daughter. Hope you rest well tonight. Love and hugs and blessings upon you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Todd must be thinking about everything..how can one not?
    Loe the painted dresser..rug..etc..The book is waiting for me..came in..
    Watched Lady In The Van..anything she is in..♥
    Take care Marie and all the very best of outcomes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything Maggie Smith is in as well. Have you ever seen her earlier stuff? The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie? She has always been amazing! Thanks very much. All appreciated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must go back and look for the recipe for the chicken and potato casserole I had a whole chicken today and there is enough left I think to make something for Thursday that looks as if it might just fit the bill....no doubt your mind is all engaged with thinking about Todds biopsy tomorrow but I still hope that you can get an early night and that you sleep well...Please give Todd my love and tell him I am praying all will go well tomorrow ...take care, night night God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Possibly could get a metal hanger at a dry cleaning shop? Or a laundry? Love that idea. I have loads of metal hangers, Keith has his uniforms done every week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sybil. I made a version of the potato casserole for our tea last night using some leftover chicken and it was delicious. I am sure you will like it. Your prayers are much, much appreciated. Love and hugs. God bless you also, xoxo

    Thanks Raquel. It is very difficult to find metal coat hangers over here. I remember when we were down south we tried to get them for the Mrs. Very hard to do. God bless. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always a very enjoyable daybook entry. The food looks yummy and recipes to try. Always love yours; and like trying them too when able.
    I really enjoyed all of your phtots of things yo are dreaming about. I especially loved the painted dresser and of course the other decor.
    Any chance you could share the plot and ending of the book. It looks so good but I won't be able to read it.
    Of course, praying all goes well with Todd. I will be anxious to find out how it all goes.
    Best of all, I loved the photos of the gardens. I would love to see the historic sites in England.
    Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks LeAnn! If you ever come over we will take you to some historic gardens! Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!