Sunday 27 November 2016

Sunday morning this and that . . .





It was such a bright and sunny day yesterday that we went off into Chester very early in the morning on the bus.  Twas cook and crisp and even . . .  just like the song!  They have the Christmas Market set up now by the Town  Hall.  It was the perfect day to explore it.  Not so late in the season that it was overly crowded (ie. Still breathing room), but not so early that nobody was there.  Actually when we first got into town most of the booths were not open yet at all, but later on when we left to catch the bus to go home, all were open and there was a mash of people, sounds and smells.   Nuts and spice and frying onions.  Just loverly!



I didn't get to see it at all last year, so this was a real treat for me.  So much temptation there.  Pancakes . . . fudge . . .  hotdogs  . . . burgers . . . there was even a bar.  Oodles of pies and cakes and everything oriented to Christmas.  I loved the Olive Wood Nativities.  Lots of slippers and mitts and caps . . .



Oh, if only I could have found a hat like Penny wears in this episode of The Big Bang Theory . . . .



with those two tails and the big fluffy white pom poms.  I might have been sorely tempted.  Even if I would look more than a bit silly in it.  At least I could feel like Penny.


 I did manage to get myself a pair of gloves which I have been coveting now for more than a few years.  And they were on sale.  Bonus!  I did a bit of work last week for a marketing survey on the telephone so we had a tiny bit of extra cash to spend, and I did need a pair of gloves or mitts.  I have given up trying to knit my own.   My hands would be dangling in icycles before that happens.  I just cannot figure out how to knit with four needles and I don't like the way the two needle ones look.  I am so sad that I lost my old mittens, but so happy that I found these.   I put them on right away.  The clerk in the shop cut all the tags off for me.  I felt very glamorous.  😇 





 This hat did sorely tempt me also, but I resisted.  In reality I don't like hat hair.  Although with long hair I don't think that is as much of a problem as it is with short hair.  Maybe I will knit/crochet myself a set of ear warmers instead.  We shall see.


 We had a couple of hot chocolates in Caffe Nero.   They came totally adorned with cream, marshmallows and sprinkles.   I did not want all of that stuff, but did not have the heart to say so once they were presented to us.  Nobody asked.  As a diabetic, it is bad enough I am having the hot chocolate, but all that cream, marshmallows and sprinkles are not so good for me.  I just scraped it all off onto a napkin.  But they really should ask I think.   Pretty though  . . .

I have been checking out the nail art for Christmas nails, thinking I should be able to do something myself  . . . 


 This tutorial from More Beauty looks definitely doable.  I might be able to manage that.  Not sure how the left hand doing the right hand would work however.  Thinking . . . .




 Oh but this is sooooo lovely . . .  very party-like.  I could not find a source.  I just did my nails last night with pink polish and had to re-do three of them no less than four times.   I am hopeless and so I don't think doing actual nail art is in my future.  No matter how hard I tried, I kept banging them on something.  Sigh . . .


 This I might be able to manage however.  From Emily's Nail Files.  Apparently you just dab the glitter on with a kitchen sponge.   I could do that!  And its so pretty!

 

 In the afternoon I made Mince Pies while Todd had an afternoon nap.  These afternoon naps are becoming almost an everyday occurrence now.  And then he doesn't sleep very well at night.  When I got up this morning, he told me that had not slept all night last night again . . . I don't know what the solution is.  😢  And yet, last evening while we were sitting watching the television, he was snoring away in his chair . . . . 



Doreen called over in the afternoon to see if she could be really cheeky and would I cook a leg of lamb for her.   I said not cheeky at all, I would be happy to.  So Billy brought it over and I roasted it for her and then Billy came to pick it up when it was done.  She always insists on paying me.   I wish that she wouldn't.  It makes for a very expensive roast for her, but she won't take no for an answer.  I am happy to do these things for her.  I know if the situation were reversed she would do it for me.

Oh, and my nextdoor neighbor knocked on the door in the afternoon and said she was walking down to the shops and did we need anything. That was so kind of her.  I have nice neighbors.  Which reminds me I best get out there and buy some Christmas Cards.  We got our first one in the post on Friday.  I am way far behind this year.  Way far behind.  I could be doing those things while Todd naps.  Bad me.


 Look at this lovely happy family waiting for Santa to show up at their local Santa Claus Parade yesterday.  My son Anthony and his boys (Gabe and Luke) and of course his lovely wife Anne.  Looks like Anthony has shaved his beard off.  (YES!)  He was starting to look like a guy from Duck Dynasty there.  (Too bad they didn't have the funds like the guys from Duck Dynasty!  My poor boy has struggled all his adult life to provide.  Makes me sad and I wish I could do more for them.)  But what a happy looking little family.  Did my heart good to see this photo.  They look so happy. 

 That is what I miss most during the holidays  . . .  family.  Oh, I know I have Todd . . .  and I am blessed to have him, but some other family would be nice also.  We are thinking of inviting two elderly gals from our church over for Christmas Day this year.  Last year we had a Christmas Day loaded with activity.  Tatiana was here and we ended up at the Johansen's with all the Missionaries on Christmas Day.   It was such a busy day . . .

 photo SDC13326.jpg 


We do have each other however and that is quite a lot.  So many others are not so blessed as we.    I am rambling now so will end this off with a thought to carry with you through today . . .


✻ღϠ₡ღ✻ (¯`✻´¯)
                     `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ
                         ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥
"Where charity stands watching 
and faith holds wide the door 
the dark night wakes - the glory breaks, 
 Christmas comes once more."
 ~ Phillips Brooks 
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

Spiritual Enlightenment 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Fluffer Nutter Brownies.  Oh my goodness.  😮  WOWSA WOWSA!


Have a beautiful Sunday.  May your day be filled with lots of love and laughter.  Don't forget along the way  . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

and I do too!


8 comments:

  1. Morning darling. I hope your Sunday is truly blessed. Beth and I have lamented that I will miss most of the Christmas markets etc. Looking forward to January. I am knitting up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzan! You will need to bring your woolies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh..I much prefer winter gloves but have been coveting red mittens with the white Canada leaf on each one:)
    I bought my girls each a tuque..w/ different designs..and tey have mini lights in them w/ a tiny battery..both girls can get away with hats..I cannot 100$.First of all I would never could never wear a tuque..a baseball hat..a fancy hat or a straw hat yes...but don't ask me to take it off:)And my hair is so long right now..it's too long..

    love all the nails:)
    I also like just a diamond(real of course) at the tip of each nail..

    and the bows..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-Silver-Jeweled-Bow-Charm-Nail-Art-acrylic-gel-US-SELLER-/152304470773?hash=item23760dcaf5:g:u1MAAOSwYIxYArh0

    ONLY at Christmas..and only the index:)

    Slide off decals

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-CHRISTMAS-NAIL-DECALS-CHRISTMAS-TIME-ASSORTMENT-WATER-SLIDE-NAIL-DECALS-/321014196147?hash=item4abdefe7b3:g:hwUAAOxy4t1SeHi0


    Teeheehee..all fun.

    Love the mitts..AND the market..I just love those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to make mince pies this year. They say they will last quite a while when stored properly and I do love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given me a lot to think about Monique! I am going to look up some nail decals for sure. Thanks! I think your hair is beautiful and lovely and thick! xoxo

    Oh do make them Pam, they do last a long time and they also fre very well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you wear rose colored glasses!!:) They suit you! You just need a pink streak to go with!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back to being last today !!...anyway hope you have had a lovely day. Also hope that Todd gets a good nights sleep tonight. We have had a nice day today, church fee first week in Advent and so the first candle was lit...afterwards we drove into Bath forgetting the Chrstmas market had opened and the traffic was dreadful, we were actually driving up to Lansdowne race course there is a nice pub there called the Blathwaite we were meeting Beth and Max there at 12.45 I am never late but I'm afraid the traffic kept us back so we didn't get there till nearer 1ok. Beth and Max were both quite worried as they know I am usually early and they hadn't realised that the Christmas market had started...never mind it was great to see them first time since we came home from the cruise, so there was lots to chat about. Max had shaved his beard off.....can't remember how long he has had it but certainly many many years. He looked real good younger looking etc !! Also as he had been very poorly he had lost a stone and a half so looked real different...Beth looked her usual lovely self...all to soon lunch was over and we were on our way home to our wee dogs...the rest of the afternoon went by quickly ,,,I had thought I was going to start the Christmas cards...but....tomorrow maybe or Tuesday for sure !,....Night night. God Bless xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha Monique! yes I do! xo

    Ahh Sybil, first or last I am always very happy to see you post. Sounds like (despite the traffic) you had a lovely day! God bless you also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!