Friday 3 February 2017

Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week which pique my curiosity or inspire me to want to do something, create something, cook something, or become a better person! I hope they will pique your curiosity or inspire you in some way as well!

 

The iBeanie iPad stand. The iBeani iPad stand & tablet bean bag is the only tablet / iPad stand you need. It fits all iPads, iPhones and all other tablet computer devices, in both landscape and portrait use. I got myself one of these (Paw Print fabric) and I just love it.  I bring it to bed with me so I can read my kindle in bed comfortably and I use it when I am playing my game, talking to my daughter, etc.   It is just great.  I love it.   I bought mine at Amazon for a really good price.   What a revolutionary idea!   I highly recommend!


Awww . . .  a palm filled with cuteness.   I love them.  I could not find a source.


Album in an Altoid Tin.  Found on Etsy in a shop called Signs of Times.  A complete tutorial with printables, instand download.  Its not free, but its not expensive either.

 

From BuzzFeed.  How to remove food stains from clothing.  Very helpful!


Not sure if this is true or not, but I am going to try it. 

 

How to make a dres form out of chicken wire.  From Artfully Sew.    My mother used to have a dress-form for sewing.   I remember being fascinated by it.


How to add ruffles to existing clothing.  From Herrick Photo.


No source, but what a brilliant use of old egg cartons as seed starters.  Lots of room for growth there.



From Mary Makes Good.  Homemade Vanilla Bean Almond milk.


From Country Living, flea market flips.  This used to be an old nightstand for instance, and now it is a child's play kitchen!  Genius!  There are 25 ideas for lots of things!



What a genius reuse of an old chair.   A swing.  From Inspired Clutter.  No instructions, just eye candy.  How hard could it be though.  Looks like two holes are drilled in the front and the rope threaded through there and two holes on the back, same thing.  Doesn't look that hard to do.


Dragon Fly garden art from a repurposed wire whisk.  Cute!  From Hometalk.



Love these cup and saucer bird feeder remakes.  Again no source, but with a bit of china/outdoors glue and an old cup and saucer you have all you need to do one of these.  I think they are really cute!



Bullet Journals to Inspire.   Lots of ideas here.   I need to start a bullet journal.  From BuzzFeed.


Fairy Leaf Puppets from Willow Day.  You could spend hours on that blog.  So much goodness to peruse and plenty of inspiration.



Cute Tea Cup Cards, using egg cartons, etc.   What a sweet idea.   From In The Playroom.




Handmade Charlotte.  Carry Paris in your pocket.   What a cute idea!



Free Hood knitting pattern from Mary Maxim.   Love this.


From the Pebbles Blog, Valentines Day Treat Bag Toppers.  Sweet!

And I am out of time.  I could go on forever.  I am always finding cute stuff!  Hope you found something here to inspire you to get creating!

A thought to carry with you . . .


.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*Be silly.
Be honest.
Be kind. 
 ~Ralph Waldo Emmerson  •。★★ 。* 。 

Spiritual Enlightenment 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .   Cheesy Butternut Squash Pasta Bake.


We are off to Clatterbridge Hospital again today for a planning session.  Tally ho!  Lets get this show on the road and over with.   Dreading the next month in so many ways, but we have to do what we have to do to get through it.  Its a sin to wish your life away, but if I could do anything I would wish this next month or so away and have Todd on the upswing.  I love him so much and hate what is coming for him.   Its a cake walk for me, I just have to watch what he is going through and give him all the support and love that I can. Please keep Todd in your prayers.  I hope that the radiation doesn't make him too ill.   God bless you all.  Whatever you do, don't ever forget . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


9 comments:

  1. I pray for you often Marie and always add Todd.

    I have started a bullet journally thing but it ends when I returned to OZ. I meant to pick it up again at the beginning of this month but here it is the 3rd and I have not done a thing. I bought some cheapo books at our officeworks. They have dots and dots only. I am liking them very much and at just under $5 each I bought all they had in stock the other day. The really lovely bit about mine is that it has a plastic pouch attached. As I travelled I stuffed in ribbons, tickets, postcards etc. I better get up to date as the darn thing will be travelling in 29 days. This afternoon I booked our flights home from China. I could have gone to England for the price of that ticket. Mum wanted a direct flight and it was more expensive. To save money we would need to travel to Sydney, go through customs there, move to another airport and check our bags in etc. We paid the extra to avoid the faffing around.

    As usual I love you finds. I did some scrapbooks in tins but I don't have them. One I did in a cardboard box and decorated the outside with beaded fringing. It was so much fun to do. I will need to start some new plants when I get back. The heat has not relented and with a complete lack of rain many plants, including two rosemary bushes have died,

    God keep you safely in his love today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps I think I have to make a pocket Paris for my little French teacher,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie... happy Friday! aaawww... look at those teeny, tiny teddy bears! As always very fun finds... that chicken wire dress form is intriguing. I've never really worked with chicken wire before... haha! I just LOVE all the lace and ruffles these days, and folks making their clothes more feminine. That child's play stove is adorable--love the ruffle there too! The garden decor using repurposed kitchen items are great ideas--those tea cup feeders are so sweet! Egg carton teacups--too cute! Best wishes wit the hospital visit today, Marie... Praying for Todd... for you BOTH!! Hang in there, girlie! ;) LOVE YOUs!! ((BIG HUGS)) P.S. Thank you so much for the lovely comments at my place yesterday. It's sooo good to be back in blogland with my friends, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Marie, by now you will be on your way to hospital, I'm pray that all will go well, I can hardly wait to get the news froom the hospital either . At least it is a nice morning down here hope it's the same with you that would make driving easier......This is the day Masy gets her wash cut and blow dry !! So we won't. Go out this morning. Don't know if I told you I have lost...mislaid my passport!! So I had to go and get a form to fill in to get a new one what a carry on. Even Peter has searched everywhere we can think of to no success......I have to go now and look to see if I can find my mum and dads death certificates to check their birthdays !L one is 24/10 the other was 25/11. and last night when I was filling the form out that was one of the questions...... So I am now heading to back bedroom to see if I can find them in a box, where they SHOULD BE .....take care and much love as always to you both xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mr T.. take care....

    Marie..that ruffle section? My fave clothes:)

    And leggings..:)

    and that little Parisian scene? I made it..see ? WE pick the same little things:)I never thought of putting in an Altoid tin.. I love those fairies and will go peek..and that oven♥

    be careful w/ the chicken wire..it's not that easy to work with..I made a cloche..it's not like circling your garden..you have to deal w/ more pick ends..

    I had a dress form..and donated it when we moved..you know one of those simplify days..

    Again Mr T...Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Suzan, how very exciting, a trip to China. You do get around. I am in awe of you. Get back on the Bullet journal! I keep thinking I am going to start one, but alas, have yet to begin! God bless. Love and hugs. xoxo

    Thanks Tracy! You have no idea how much I missed you when you were away. It is so nice to be back in touch visually if you know what I mean! That Luna is so sweet! Love you! xoxo

    Oh Dear Sybil! And I bet that as soon as you get the forms filled in and sent off you will find your missing passport. What a trial! Love and hugs!xoxo

    I thought you might like the Parisan scene Monique! Thanks for the warning on the chicken wire! I have been downsizing this week and have given away a multi-cooker, digital steamer and my deydrator. Never use them and so they are dust collectors. I tried selling them, but no joy there, so I have just given them away. Thanks so much for the take cares and well wishes. Love and hugs. xoxo


    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet friend, I pray for Todd and you every night. I do believe that Radition is easier than chemo. I have gone through a few hard things with my husband so I know how you feel in that respect. He had a heart attack, and then by-pass surgery and some other medical things. Your positive encouragement is vital to his recovery. They do better if they have someone who loves them and is there ot help. I know you already know that.
    Now for this awesome post; I love all the things you found. I find you so incredible. You find such cute things. I really loved the little bearsin the hand; so cute. I love teddy bears and have a few of them. I smiled at the Beanie bag I-pad stand; so cute! I love the adorable baby pictures that they take now days.
    I must try the nail polish in the fridge thing. Also, loved the cute stove and the chair swing. Just such a fun post; big hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Marie the trip ends in China. We board the Queen Mary 2 in Brisbane and wend our way up and across to Asia and visit some places. We debated about extending the trip since we had gone so far but mum doesn't want to be away from dad any longer than the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful trip Suzan. I don't blame your mum. At their time of life any time away from each other is time they can't get back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!