Friday 17 March 2017

My Friday Finds

 

A few of the things I find each week that strike my fancy.  Maybe you will also enjoy them!

 

 How to paint sunrises and sunsets.  A complete tutorial by Rob Dudley on Artists and Illustrators.

 

 From I Heart Naptime, Fifty Best St Patrick's Day Crafts and Recipes.


 Fern and Freckle.  Free fabric bird pattern.  These are adorable.


 DIY Masters.  Fifteen Amazing DIY Coffee Tables.  I am quite taken with this one.  How fabulous is that!



 Delia Creates.  Felt Flowers Tutorials.  Beautiful.


 Woo Home.  30 great ideas for rustic branch chandeliers.


 Whisk Kid.  Fig and Pear Turnovers.  These sound fabulous.  I love figs and I love pears.  The two together must be out of this world, and there's pastry, only my most favourite thing on the earth next to Todd.


 Rough Puff Pastry from Chocolate and Zucchini.  Have made this from my own recipe many times.  I am keen to try hers now though. A complete tutorial.


 Lavendar and Vanilla Simple Syrup.  Shalom Mama, wellness made easy.


 Grocery List, a master list.  Free Printable.  From Birkley Lane Interiors.

 

Bunny Rag Doll.  Not a free pattern, but so cute for Easter.  From Ravelry.

 


Crochet Coin Purses, an assortment of free patterns.  From Cool Creativity.



A simple Dog Harness.  From Pixie Heart Strings.  We just spent a small fortune on one and it is driving us nuts trying to put it on each time.  Its far too complicated. I should have just made my own and I may still!

And those are my finds for this week. I really hope you saw something you liked and which inspired you to get busy with your hands!

A thought to carry with you  . . .

   .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛Meaningful writing is both 
what you say and what you don't say.
~Jessica de la Davies  •。★★ 。* 。

Spiritual Enlightenment

I got two chapters finished yesterday in my book, I have another two half written and one to do from the beginning and my intro to write.  It's going great guns.  Getting excited now.  Todd is doing very well with the radiation theraphy but he needs to drink more water, about 2 litres a day which he is finding hard to do.   Especially since he is already up half the night going to the bathroom.  Please pray that he will find a way to do it.  There is an activity at our church tonight for the ladies, the RS birthday celebrations.  I know I should go, and I have the offer of a lift, but I can't make up my mind.  A part of me wants to go and another part of me wants to stay home.  Its a mystery to me the way my brain works sometimes!

 

I redid one of my older recipes and re-vamped it.  Took new photos with my much better camera.  Irish Apple Cake.  In the English Kitchen today . . .  Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

(SO much nicer now I know I have 27% Irish DNA!  I feel authentic in celebrating it now!)

Have a great Friday!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


12 comments:

  1. Darling Marie,

    Part of me is screaming go out and then part of me totally understand. I am glad Todd is doing so well. Let him drink what ever he wants. Offer small drink frequently and remember that soups, custards, yogurt etc count too. In the hospital a 100 ml yogurt was counted as 50 ml fluid. It is difficult. Also try to get the drinks in before three pm or so. But he will need to get up to go as th treatment is irritating. I think I have prayed for Todd abotu seven times today.

    God bless and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! So great to catch up with you here finally before the week is over! ;) I would love to learn to paint like that... Pastels and paints are on my mind much at the moment creatively. Those fabric birds are so sweet...and those felt flowers too--WOW! Those crochet raggedy dolls are CUTE! Goodness 2 liters of water a day?! That is LOT of water... I read somewhere that we all should try to get the bulk of our water intake in before 5pm, and curtail liquids after that, so as to help reduce that need to get up in the night... Hoping & praying Toddy will manage it. ;) And that you go have some fun with the RS ladies this evening. You deserve it after all your hard work and writing this week! Happy Days, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie, Happy St Patrick's day to you too! You were so looking forward to your night out the other day, u think you should go. A change of scenery and chit chat with the ladies will do you good. I know what you mean though, sometimes you just get in a rut and you have to push yourself to get out of it. You're always glad you did though!

    My mum was the same as Todd when it comes to drinking water whereas I drink it by the gallon! She found it easier to sip through a straw, from a bottle. So just reading or watching TV she would just sip away! The thing is though to try and drink your allocated amount before 6 p.m. so you're not up all night! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top of the morning to you on this beautiful sunny day. Hope the sun is shining on you too. Love the bunny and the streusel ( or streusel) cake. I googled and both came up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here we go again!
    Streusel is the topping
    And the pastry is streudel or strudel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irish Apple cake sounds wonderful! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to drink that much water..J gets up 3 times also..sometimes 2..
    so happy the book is going well..your kids are going to be bursting w/ pride.!

    I bet you end up going LOL..
    Love the cute things here..I have made the felt rose..to stick on a very humble cowl I knit 4 yrs ago:)
    Nice to see the other pretty patterns:)
    Have fun tonight;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love to you and Todd today ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Marie - your Friday finds this week are so fun. Hope you were able to go to the RS birthday party and enjoy it! That is always a fun activity. Will pray for your husband. My grandson had to have radiation (proton) therapy for brain cancer last summer so I know that can be rough. Hope you both have a good week. Love from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! You were right, I did end up going. I got a lift with a friend and her 80 year old fiancee who was the driver. (Yikes!) There were a few hairy moments! In any case God was good and we got there and back safely! I needed to go as the lady who was baking the Birthday Cake dropped out and they needed my expertise. I bought a store made cake, lol, because I have too much on my plate, down to crunch time now with the book and only a week to complete. I did have a good time though and it was nice to be with the other ladies. Didn't get home until almost 10 PM, had trouble falling asleep, overslept this morning until 6:30 (late for me) and will be scrambling to catch up the rest of the day! Deb, your grandson has been in my prayers and yours are so very much appreciated as is the love. Thanks Val! Right back atcha! Pam, so good to see you are back online and will try to visit today! Monique I am sure your cowl with the rose is beautiful. I learned something new about you. You can knit. ;-) Linda, you need to try the cake! I pushed myself out of the rut Kate and had a great time! Tracy, I was thinking of your niece with those bunny dolls! Suzan, you are such a dear!

    Love you ALL to bits! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!