Friday 31 March 2017

My Friday Finds ...

 


A few of the things I find each week that strike my fancy. I hope they strike yours too.

 

How to make felt succulents.  From the people at BHG.



Christmas Trio Potholders from Love to Sew.  Every year I say I am going to start early.  And every year I don't.

Laptop Sleeve sewing pattern.  From the Polka Dot Chair.



Crochet Cloche Hats.  Sweet.  If only I looked as cute in a hat.  Any hat. From The Whoot. 

 

Earl Grey Panna Cotta Tarts.  From Kitchen Heals Soul.


No source.  Just eye candy.  It looks simple enough. I love things like this. What a cute Easter Brooche this would make or decoration for an Easter Tree.

 

More eye candy.  From Beedeebabee.  I love what she creates. It is just beautiful.



 I love this stitch.  Not so much the colours, but that is an easy fix.  From Craftsy.






The House that Lars Built.  How to make a paper bag notebook.  


No source I could find, but how to make an envelope using a heart. 

 

Use an empty eye shadow box to make a portable water colour kit.  Love this idea!

 

 From Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth.  Beatrix Potter Inspired crafts.  I love this! 

 

 35 compelling first lines from books. An infographic from Visualistan.

 

How to open a new book.  This is very good to know.  I learned something.


 Things we say today which we owe to Shakespeare. Love this. From English Muse.

  And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something of interest.

Love, love, love this

I had a great time at Costco with my friend Tina yesterday afternoon.  Oh, you could spend a bomb in there. The meat alone is gorgeous.  I can't afford to spend that much, but just once I would love to be able to afford to buy one of the Prime Rib roasts.  We tasted Brownie Brittle to die for.  I would have bought some, but it was too far to walk back to it.  The one time my arthritis came in handy and saved me from doing something really naughty!!!  lol

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛It is more fun to talk with someone who
doesn't use long words, but rather
short easy words, like
"How about Lunch?"
~A.A.Milne •。★★ 。* 。


 

In The English Kitchen today . . . Fried Cabbage with Bacon & Onions.  

Have a great Friday!  Don't forget!

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!

7 comments:

  1. Morning, Marie! Here we are, another Friday! Just love all the felt links you find & share. I've been folks making felt cactus & succulents, and they are so clever. They'd never die on ya! ;) Oooo... that laptop sleeve is very stylish! Those crochet hats are adorable. I think I must be odd, but I've never much cared for Panna Cotta--something about that wibble-y consistency... :/ LOL... Nice idea recycling a makeup kit to become a watercolor kit! Oh, the B. Potter crafts... *swoon* ... Those watercolor butterflies are just GORGEOUS! I'd love to learn to paint like that! Looking forward to the Springtime Mail Exchange beginning in earnest on Monday--hooray! Hope you are feeling better, my friend... and that Todd is too! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie. I woke to a beautiful sky, cooler temperatures that we have had for months. There are some small amounts of storm damage around here. I have to commend the emergency services planning. They took some unprecedented steps and to my knowledge only one person died just prior to the storm. Because they closed schools and many businesses followed their guidance there were few accidents etc.

    I have to agree that one could spend a fortune in Costco. I seem to spend a lot on dried fruits and cat food when I go.

    Thank you for sharing all those beautiful links. I liked the hats and the egg broach ideas. So many things to do and so much to clean up first. I did join with the water colourists on the ship. The teacher said the class was too full but I was welcome to paint. So that is what I did. I am beginning to feel I need to schedule some crafting time into each and every day.

    God bless you today and always. Lots of love too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finds..so funny I have the BP link on my blog too:) Glad you had fun at Costco!
    Jacques is going this morning..safer I stay home;)

    I liked that idea too re the eye shadow kit..Altoids..etc etc..anything can be a cute wc kit don't you find?:)
    Love the hats..I look awful in them..:) And that cute paper bag jurnal:)Bon weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy! I need plants that require no care, lol. I am such a bad gardener indoors and out. I have great plans, but I can't do much with them. I have a black thumb not a green one! Monday is the day! Will follow your lead! Love and hugs. xoxo

    Happy to ready you are alright Suzan! I look at the dried fruit, but then I think so much money and it weighs nothing, so I refrain. I did buy pitted prune plums yesterday however as I adore them. Love and hugs. xoxo

    Great minds must truly think alike Monique! I am in Easter Mode! Bon Weekend, love and hugs to you also! Hope J enjoys his trip to Costco! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aim glad you got to,COSTCO and found a few bargains. I don't think I have ever been in a Costco..I am grateful that Peter does most of the shopping for me. He goes to Sainsbury, I get almost the same every week so it's not hard for him, he is good though he quite often adds in a ....wee extra....like Butterkist the toffee kind, yum yum..or dark chocolate with rum and raisins..not to often that one !!.....the downside to him doing the shopping is that I don't see and ...bargains....and he mainly sticks to a list !!..maybe it's cheaper that way!!!
    Please Marie could I ask you to pray real hard for Mary her lovely cat Amber has been missing two days he is 16 and has never gone far from home. Lyn is besides herself with worry as she blames herself for being in marys house, but that's silly as Amber knows her and indeed two nights previous have been sitting on her knee purring away...last time Lyn actually saw him was Wednesday evening. She heard the flap going at 6.30 am Thursday but that might have been Ryan Peters cat...they are used to being in each other's houses...Lyn has been round all the gardens and I printed lost notices that have been put in all the doors asking them to check their sheds etc....please pray he comes back....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Marie! U find the most fascinating things on the web! My Mom scolded me and then showed me how to open a new cookbook just like those illustrations did. Lol. There's no Costco close to where I live. Maybe that's a good thing though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear Sybil, I am so sorry to read about Mary's cat. I will be praying. (((((hugs))))) special hugs to you all, I know how very distressing this is. Love to you all. Not long now until Lura's visit. I can't wait! xoxo

    Thanks J. You are right. Costco is a place you can spend big money, but it's good. lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!