Friday 28 July 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 
A few of the things I discover each week that inspire me to want to create, think, do, cook . . . maybe they will inspire you too!

I think I am going to print this out and hang it somewhere, maybe post it on the refrigerator.  A positive reminder to myself every time I feel like giving up, a bit of positivity. 


Sock Monkey Device Cover.  An affordable PDF pattern on Etsy by Aunt Janets Designs. I love it!


Flower Garden Tea Cosy, small enough for a 1 cup teapot.  A free pattern from  Just Jen Knits and Stitches.  Isn't it cute? I can just see it on a breakfast tray for someone special who is having breakfast in bed.


Adventures in Making. 8 Watercolour Techniques for beginners.   I have done the salt one many times, but there are some others I would like to try.  A great tutorial. 


I could not find the source for these tiles, but it looks simple enough.  Sharpie pens on ceramic tiles with isopropyl alcohol dropped on them to marble the colours.  Beautiful!  

  

Free Cat Bookmark Knitting Pattern.  From Ravelry


Journal Band with Pen Pocket.  Again a free pattern from Ravelry.  These would be great Christmas gifts, given with a pen and a fresh new journal to write in.


L'Oreals Fine Flowers Cleansing Range.  They smell gorgeous.  I love L'Oreal anything, because well, I AM worth it!

  

Milk Bread.  This looks so soft, fluffy and delicious.  From Woman Scribbles.  I so want to try this.


 A Moon Garden - All the white flowers and silvery-gray foliage reflect the light of the moon. No source.  I have always wanted to do a garden all in white . . .


I love, LOVE this blanket.  Love the colours and the simple way it is put together and the lacy edging.  Beautiful.  Life in my House Full of Boys.


Lavender Dreams Wash Cloth.  Would make a lovely gift when given with a nice bar of soap  From Amanda Saladin


Stoneware Creamer Jugs from Rowan and Wren.  Expensive, but I love the simplicity and the colours of them.


Love these Little  Miss pottery vases.  They are so cute. Very expensive, but cute.  From the Vanessa Bean Shop on Etsy.


Baste and Gather.  A T-Shirt Neckline Twill Tape Tutorial


Handmade Flannel and Fringe Scarf.  Love this. From e-How


 Rae Gun Ramblings.  A tutorial on a ten minute infinity scarf.  Love it! 

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope there was something here you could use!  We are off to the Dog Groomer this morning for Mitzies buff and puff.  She always looks and smells so good afterwards.  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°We are not diminished 
when someone else is added upon.
~Jeffrey R Holland .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •



 

In The  English Kitchen today . . .  Sweet & Spicy Chicken.  So tasty!

Have a wonderful Friday. Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 


8 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely finds this week again. Enjoy your drool round Gordale if you go!! Just doing food shopping today, its like Old Mother Hubbards round here, the cupboards are bare!!! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! So many goodes today, and so many different creative things! Those kitty-cat bookmarks are so cute... and VERY fun with painting and using alcohol! That crochet blanket is stunning--love that too! I like the colors too. I think have to make that! LOL... ;) Oh, that milk bread looks good. I've seen similar recipes--must try! LOVE me an all-white garden. I dream of an all white garden room... :) Your chicken recipe today looks delicious! Haven't done anything bbq-y in a while, so this inspires. Thank you for all the treats today, my friend... Wishing you all a lovely weekend ahead! :))) LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Marie. I am amazed at some of the felt pen techniques. I must try the cotton bud one. Talk about co-incidence as I was reading about milk bread this morning and thought maybe I should try. My bug is that it has egg in it. The chicken is so glossy and cries out to be eaten.

    I am beginning to panic about being ready for this baby.

    God bless your day and have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finds Marie:)All of them..I am afraid I have cheated..I found someone who knits cute tea cozies..and she is making me 2 ..will take a couple of weeks..she sounds so nice..
    I have been crocheting too and love that granny square tea cozy but nowhere to be found the pattern..I did find a pretty pair of Victorisn cuffs that I may try one day..when gardening and smmer and fall are done..
    I like l'Oréal too..
    I used La Roche Posay sun things..

    and my daughter loves SEPHORA..she gave me samples of things and I succumbed to a product..and felt super guilty buying some..but Sephora adds a gift to the order for your birthday so I bought some and have no regrets..LANEIGE..

    I am the Uriage.. on sale girl yet succumbed to Laneige.
    It will last forever..things last forever with me..lol

    truly..a deodorant..Bylys(Sp?) can last 2 yrs!

    and yes..YOU CAN

    anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not go Kate! I had too much to do here and did not want to shuffle around the shop like a cripple. Pride is an awful thing, lol xoxo

    Thanks so much Tracy! We have very similar taste! Love you and TJ lots too! xoxo

    Maybe you could use an egg substitute Suzan? How long now before baby appears? Its a very exciting time for you all. Love, hugs and blessings. xoxo

    Thanks Pam, you too! xoxo

    Ohh, how lucky for your Monique! Can't wait to see them! I collect a lot of patterns and want to's but never get around to them, lol. I need to find a knitter for me! I wish that lady would put the granny square tea cosy pattern for sale again! I loved that one best of all. Mmmm... Laneige. will be looking that up. Bonne Weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that infinity scarf..must have a look at it later. Hope you have had a good day, don't expect Mitzie will have enjoyed her wash and brush up all that much, I know that Masy dosent ....I had Beth and Max over this morning they brought Floppy with them, she is a lovely dog but still a bit wild ...Masy dose not like her one little bit she growls at her every time Floppy passed her bed ! When she does go she is still in a bad mood and refuses to get out of her bed....poor Floppy can't understand it at all......been a funny kind of July day heavy rain showers then nice warm sunshine now there's a gale blowing and the sound of the leaves on the trees makes it almost hard to hear ourselves speak....we have a lot of trees all around us.....How is Todd feeling ? when does he go back to hospital or has he got the all clear .,,,,night night xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all the crocheted and knitted items. I really loved the crocheted blanket. I wish I was good at it and I would do one of those. I will probably try and learn how to do the crocheted washcloth. I do think it makes a great Christmas gift. I liked the band and pen idea too.
    I think I would enjoy a white flower garden too. Right now we have a small one that is all yellow. It makes me happy.
    I love L'Oreal products too. We are worth it.
    The Scarfs are lovely; I especially liked the colors.
    We just got our Sammy groomed too and he does smell so good.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way for a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!