Friday 27 October 2017

My Friday Finds






 

A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you! 


Super Cute crochet slippers with a free video tutorial.  I wonder where they buy pom poms like that? Design Peak


A vintage recipe for a Pineapple Cheesecake.  I always loved this. You can find a printable alternative here on Recipe Curio.  Great site by the way, lots of vintage recipes, etc.


Granny Triangle Shawl. B Hooked Crochet. Free video tutorial. Very easy.   


Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Cups.  From Shugary Sweets. Simple.  


Art Journal Prompts from Text My Journal.  

 

How to start an Art Journal even if you are not an artist.  From Love and Blues.  

Love this, because I love poetry and I love children's illustration.  

  


Fireflies and Mud Pies.  Twenty Five heartwarming books for kids for Christmas. 


Merry Christmas Dear, free printable from Tater Tots and Jello.   


Today's Creative Life.  Five minute Christmas Luminaries.  Its a no-brainer.


Waterless Snow Globes from Good Homes Design DIY.  


DIY 3D paper Stars from Gathering Beauty. Simple,

 


Easy Gift Box made using one sheet of paper. From Ideas in Crafting.  


Isn't That Sew.  Pattern making Basics.  This could be very handy.  I have a few tops that I like that are wearing out that I can't buy anymore.  I could make my own.


The Sewing Loft.  This could also come in very handy. Rolled Hem Basics.


Hexi Caddy Pin Cushion Tutorial.  From Penny's Hands.  


Yes!  Granny Square Tea Cosy Pattern.  Not free, but not overy expensive either. From MacKenzie Patterns on Etsy.

 

Heart Hook Home.  How to keep edges straight when crocheting. Useful info.  


How to make a Patchwork Cosy for your French Press.  From  Crafty Stylish. A great scrap bag user upper.  One of these with a pack of nice ground coffee and a coffee press might make a lovely Christmas Gift for the Coffee Afficionado in your life. 


Little Letter Needle Book Tutorial.  From Kelly Rachel.

And those are my finds for this week!  Hope there was something here for you! 

 A thought to carry with you . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°For what its worth:
Its never too late to be
whoever you want to be.
I hope you live a life you're proud of,
and if you find that you're not,
I hope you have the strength
to start over.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald  .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

 

 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Todays Reading - 1 Nephi 5:7 - 6:6
  Question: What was the purpose of the brass plates? How can we have our own version of the brass plates?
What I thought - 
I have read the account of obtaining the plates thinking mostly about how it was a refining experience for Nephi. In verse 8, however, I can see that the command for Nephi to get the plates was an important moment in Sariah's growth and learning too. She had her struggles and doubts but came to not just believe IN God & Christ but also believe THEM & their purposes & promises.
She now knew, with assuredness, of the goodness of God and that He was leading her family, watching over them and enabling them to do his will. This teaches me God can take ONE situation and use it to refine MANY people. I love how he can work!! Another thing I take from Sariah's experience is this - she was a worried mother!! And was expressing her honest feelings and struggle. Next to these verses in my scriptures I have written "He lives to hear my souls complaints" from verse two of the hymn I know my redeemer lives. It's such a beautiful verse!! We can be totally honest in our prayers. No need to pretend or hide our feelings, choices, struggles etc. We can tell heavenly father exactly where we are at and He will work with us from that place if we allow Him to. 

 I like how in chapter 6, Nephi explains his motives for writing his record, "To bring people to Christ".  President Benson explained how the Book of Mormon accomplishes this important purpose: “The Book of Mormon brings men to Christ. … It tells in a plain manner of Christ and His gospel. It testifies of His divinity and of the necessity for a Redeemer and the need of our putting trust in Him. It bears witness of the Fall and the Atonement and the first principles of the gospel, including our need of a broken heart and a contrite spirit and a spiritual rebirth. It proclaims we must endure to the end in righteousness and live the moral life of a Saint”. This is what makes the Book of Mormon such a precious book. 

We can have our own version of the Brass Plates by jouraling and keeping a record of our own spiritual feelings, experiences, etc.  What a brilliant legacy for generations to come.

Tommorrow, Day 8 - 1 Nephi 7:1-15 (Ask yourself while you are reading these passages, "
Why do you think it is so important to have a soft heart?")


 

In The English Kitchen today, a Classic Beef Chili, which is perfectly sized for only two.  Delicious as well.  


Have a beautiful Friday.  Don't forget along the way of your day!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!  
 

 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely finds, as usual!!

    We're off to Bodnant Gardens and Betwy-s-Coed today. Hopefully all that wonderful outdoors and sunshine will do us the world of good.

    My daughter is coming to Liverpool tomorrow to try some bridal dresses. I'm so excited, I'll have to remember to put waterproof mascara on! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great Kate! I love Betwy-s-Coed! I hope the sun stays with you and all goes well! Good luck tomorrow. I would be crying also! How exciting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie! Sooo GOOD to catch up with you! We've been back from our trip for a few days. Really struggling with jet lag and getting back on track, but getting there! LOVE those pom pom slippers!! I like granny shawls, and have made a fews. There's just something so relaxing about hooking up with granny stitch clusters... FUN journalling/art prompts... and so many sweet Christmas books. I'm looking for some Advent reading right now--Christmas will soon be here! Those waterless snow globes are so sweet--great idea! NICE tutorial on the rolled hem. I think I might have a foot for my machine that will do that. So many good things here today!! Happy weekend to you all there, my friend!! :))) LOTS OF LOVE ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Tracy! I hope you had a lovely time. Jet la is a real pain. I always struggle more coming this way than I do over the pond! I don't know why! Good times! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute things..I finally have a tea cozy or 2 and they are charming:)I didn't make them:(

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An observation and a question regarding today's reading:
    #1 My favorite part of a verse: 5:7"..and my mother was comforted." Ha,ha! What an understatement that must have been!
    #2 So the Book of Mormon includes the Small Plates (which we are reading now) and the Large Plates of Nehi? The Brass Plates are the plates that Laban had, and Nehi and his brothers brought back to Lehi? They are not available to people right now, but will be some day to at least some people? They sound like they include the Old Testament. Do Mormon's believe that they contain more than just the OT that we have today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great weekend also Monique! I am crocheting a shawl for my mom at the moment, but next on my list are this tea cosy and a hot water bottle cover. I am in love! xoxo

    Hi Laura! Questions are great!
    #1 - Yes indeed a great understatement I am sure, but then again we are looking at things from a totally modern perspective where we are really quite spoiled in comparison! We are so lazy and I can't see any person in these modern days taking upon themselves such a journey without a lot of whining and complaining! haha
    #2 - According to my understanding yes the Book of Mormon includes the Small Plates of Nephi, which includes (1 and 2 Nephi, Jacob, Enos, Jarom and Omni) and the Large Plates of Nephi ( Mosiah, Alma, Helaman, 3Nephi, 4 Nephi and Mormon 1-7) Then there is Moroni's completion of his father's book, Mormon 8-9, and The Plates of Ether, followed by the personal writings of Moroni. There is a sealed portion that is yet to be revealed and which was taken back by the angel Moroni. We believe that at some point this portion of scripture will be unsealed and we will know more. Probably at the second coming? I don't know for sure, I am just surmising. There are indeed some similarities to the Old Testament, but yes, there is more included than what is just in the Old Testament. Plain and precious truths which help to corroborate and strengthen the OT, and bring us to a deeper understanding if that makes sense. I hope I have understood your questions properly! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!