Friday 17 November 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 
A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!  


These Crisp Sugar Cookies look dangerous!  From Taste of Home.


I could not find a source for these lovely cards.  I think they are adorable.  I don't think they would be really hard to make.

  

Fairy Face Designs, Minimalist Tree Table Runner.  I love this. 


I also love this sweet pillow from A Quilting Life.  


The Sewing Directory, How to use a buttonhold food.  I have never learned how to do this! There is no time like the present!  


This would be a challenging project, but so cute.  From Sweet Potato 3, on Ravelry.  Not free, but not expensive either.  


Monsters Pajama Case, also not free but so cute.  From Love Knitting.  Crochet.  These would be fab gifts for kids, any time of year.  And you could also give them a set of pajamas to go into it.


Toilet Paper Roll Santas.  From Krokotak.  So cute and easy too!  

 

From Create Craft Love.  Snow Globe Wreath. This is adorable. A complete tutorial.


I Think We Could Be Friends.  35 Elf on the Shelf ideas using things form the dollar store. I wish they had had an Elf On the Shelf when my kids were growing up! 


Sorry, I couldn't resist sharing.  I think those are chocolate chips, lol. People have wonderful  minds, don't they? 

 

No source, just inspiration.  Using rubber stamps to make designs on cookie dough.  I may give this a try!

  

Did you know you can make a chocolate mold for anything using brown sugar?  I could not find a source for this either, but I am assuming you just brush the brown sugar off once it has set. 


Again, no source, but looks very simple to do.  I can't wait for Easter!  Can you see this with some little chocolate eggs, bunnies, etc.?

  

Six Clever Sisters, "No Sew"felt poinsetta napkin rings. 

And I'm afraid that is it for this week!  For some reason Pinterest (which I use to find these clever things) is not sending me to links that open up today, so I am having to go onto Google and search there from pictures I find on Pinterest and that is taking me twice as long.  Sorry about that!  I updated my Mozilla yesterday so I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

Todd was really grumpy yesterday.  I am sure he is a bit worried about going to the Doctor today and seeing what his blood PSA test results were.  I am nervous for him. Love him so much and I really hope that things are still alright.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  That is the thing about cancer. They might knock it back, but you spend the rest of your life worrying that it is going to come back.  We just have to take each day as it comes and be grateful for each one.  ♥♥♥

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°A single thread of hope,
is still a very powerful thing.
~Unknown ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •



 

BOOK OF MORMON CORNER - Today's Reading - 1 Nephi 18:5-20
 Question Why do you think the Lord didn't deliver Nephi immediately, like in 1 Nephi 7:16-20? How can this apply to you in your life?

What I learntWhen I have lost the spirit, I lose direction, I lose the drive to do anything, and I wander. And it's not until I repent, that I feel a sense of direction, of purpose and power to stay on the charted course to Heavenly Father. I love the hymn "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", I love every single word of it, but when I hear, read or think of the last three lines . . . it gets me right in my heart!  

"Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. 
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above." 

Sometimes I get disheartened by my inconsistency, I want to always remember Him, and His ways and submit my will to Him all day, everyday, but often, without even knowing it, I am wandering away once again. But my hope is that this is part of being a fallen natural woman and that as I work on recognising the patterns that lead to wandering for me, and that in the act of spending my life doing this, I am actually giving Him my heart to seal it His.

 I think that sometimes the Lord uses his righteous servants in strange, and seemingly unfair ways, in order to teach other people. Some examples would be 1. Job was righteous and had everything taken away from him so that the Lord could show Satan that Satan had no power over him. 2. Abinadi died a horrible death in order to teach king Noah's people that truth. 3. Nephi had to go through being tied up for days in order for his brothers to see the Lord power and to see how much the Lord helps them when they are nice to Nephi.  I don't think that Nephi did anything wrong in order for him to deserve being tied up for so long. The Lord blesses the righteous who go through such trials eternally.  He said to Joseph Smith,  My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.  It can be really hard and sometimes really faith stretching to go through our trials, but we can always have the hope that in the end we will be delivered, one way or another.  We just have to remain faithful.  I think this is where the enduring to the end comes in!

Tomorrow's reading (Day 29) -1 Nephi 18:21-19:6 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? Why is it important to be honest with ourselves about our weaknesses?


 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Steak & Stilton Hot Pot.  Comfort food!

Have a wonderful Friday.  I hope it is filled with goodness and light!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 

PS - Must share the good news!  Todd's PSA Levels were well within the normal range!  Whew!  Thank God for answered prayers! 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely finds again, how cute is the Elf!!!

    I'm sure Todd is grumpy because of his blood test. This is part of the problem we are having with Pete, except he has to go every month for his blood test and he can't handle it. Neither can Ashley. The fact that up to now they have all come back ok doesn't help as you are obviously just focused on the next one. Counselling hasn't helped either of them, I just don't know what the answer is.

    Have a good day, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Marie! FUN all the Christmas cheer here today! A thin, crisp sugar cookie--must try those. My Mom used to make these big, soft sugar cookies for Christmas... mmm... That snowglobe wreath is very fun!! Praying for Todd and that his test result will be only good ones... and praying for you while you wait with him. ;) Wishing you all a good weekend now ((LOTS of LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that Pete and Ashley are having to go through this Kate and as such an age as well. ((((hugs)))) It must be so very difficult for everyone. My prayers continue. I hope you are enjoying your Friday! xoxo

    Oh those sugar cookies sound really good Tracy! Mmmm . . . Great news on the Todd front so we are well pleased. Happy weekend to you. Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO..glad I get to read your posts later because of our 6 hr time difference and read the good news..Yay Monsieur T.


    Well I love that quilted pillow cover..does your machine embroider? I have always had a soft spot for monograms/embroidery/words.. I can see a cute lit something next to this:) I saw that idea on The Marmalade Gypsy..she just had 2 posts on Christmas affordable decor..go see..

    and that little blankie w/ the animals..how dear!

    You forgot to mention

    YOUR BOOK.

    :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One year for a Christmas gift I gave each one of my children an Elf on the shelf. Some have a lot of fun with him, others ??? . A couple of my DIL's post pictures regularly of the fun/mischief he gets into. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol Monique! I am afraid people will get annoyed with me talking about my book! I don’t want to bore them! I will check out the Marmalade gypsy! Is it a blog or Instagram? I don’t have a machine that embroiders unfortunately! I wish I did ! Maybe if I do well with the book? We will see! Bonnie WEEKEND, xoxo

    Oh Pam, I am sure they use them Pam! What fun! I hope you post some pics over the holidays! Happy Friday! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie!

    I love your, Friday Finds! I just printed the sugar cookie recipe. I love crisp cookies. My sister and I had this discussion just yesterday about crisp, or chewy, soft sugar cookies...she likes soft, I like crisp.

    The, Elf on a Shelf is so much fun...that photo of him on the sink...too cute!

    I do hope that all of Todd's tests come back with a good report. I know how scary cancer is, I've lost too many wonderful people in my life to it. You and Todd will be in my prayers. Hang in there!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best news ever. Now you can go forward into advent and Christmas with a lighter heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A blog! PS I have stamped cookies w/ stamps:) Works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My problem Barb, is I like them both ways! haha Soft and crisp. I thought the elf pic was too cute also. I should get an Elf on the Shelf and do this for Todd. I am thinking about it. He is not a child, but I have a couple hours spare to myself each morning and I think he might enjoy the surprise each day! Thanks for the prayers, and yay, Todd's blood test came back with normal PSA levels! xoxo

    Thanks Angharad! We are both very pleased! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! Will look for her! Oh, I am going to try rubber stamps on my cookies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always find such unique finds and I love looking at them. I wish I could actually make some of them sometime. Life hasn't slowed down enought for me to tackle any of them. The Elf on the shelf really is such a fun idea. The Elf on the sink was way funny. The toilet hold Santa's made me smile.
    Im praying that your Todd's PSA is good. I think I would be a little disconceted if I had to have a follow-up test after going through the treatment he went through. Just know that I have been praying for your both.
    I really did like your thoughts on your Book of Mormon reading. It is true that enduring to the end is often very difficult but we do have that hopei in Christ and the eternities to come.
    Sending loving thoughts prayers and big hugs your way! I will be anxious to hear about Todd's results.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!