Thursday 10 May 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥ 
 
 
Anywhere in the UK on a sunny day!  We get so much rain here that when the sun shines everyone is out and about. People making hay while the sun shines. People laying about and tanning, picnicking, just enjoying the rays. This place is beautiful in the rain, but it is mega-beautiful in the sunshine! 
 
  
 
Figurines.  I love them. I have always loved them.  They are like dolls almost, but you can't dress and undress them.  They exist to be admired, looked at, wondered at, gently touched. I have one. Todd bought it for me at the market in Chester the first Christmas we were married.  I love it.   
 
  
 
Glass and mirrored photo frames.  I have all of my children's wedding photos in them. I just love these frames.  Thankfully I only had to buy one at a time, lol. I could never have afforded them all together. 
 

Botanical Prints.  I don't own any, but I love them.  I have in mind to paint some of my own.  They are a study of plants and animals for that matter, but mostly plants. 


Vintage Fashion plates.  I love these also. I always have done. In our childhood encyclopedia there was a section on clothing through the years and I practically wore the pages out looking at them. 

 


Pound Cake, or what they call Madeira Cake over here in the UK.  I love the stuff. When I was a child, my mother would buy it sometimes. You could get it as a slab.  We would have it as a treat for dessert, maybe with ice cream and tinned fruit.  It was so tasty.  If I have it in the house, I can't leave it alone.  Almost the same as . . .


 Potato chips . . .  I don't dare bring them into the house either.  If they are in the house, I can't leave them alone.  They are a serious weakness of mine. 


China Cups and saucers.  I love them. I love using them.  I love looking at them.  I love collecting them, although I don't have that many. My favourite is one my sister gave me for my birthday many moons ago that she found in a charity shop. My mother has some lovely ones and every time I am at her house I look at them and drool.  She has a shamrock one that I covet, along with one painted with daffodils, with little raised dots on them.  I covet that one also. 


Food blogging.  I have been doing it for a very long time, in one form or another. Probably since 2003 or so. I love cooking and writing about food, taking photos of food, eating food.  I am what Todd calls a real foodie. I am betting I was one of the first at food blogging, but because I have no tecchie skills, or money to spend on bells and whistles, I have always been largely undiscovered, which is okay because I like blogging with a more personal touch.  The fewer readers you have the more personal it is and you can really get to know your readers. I like that. 

  

Teaching and encouraging others. I love to teach people new skills, etc. I love to encourage them to try something new, to get better at something they do, etc. Although I am technically quite shy in real life, I love people. It is easy to be not so shy when you are hiding behind a computer screen. 


I love wood floors.  I wish we could rip up all the carpeting and put in wood floors, but alas, we just don't have the money or ability to do so, and we could never afford to pay anyone to do it for us.  I used to daydream about having painted wood floors upstairs in my home, especially in the bedrooms, with just scatter rugs, and maybe some stencilling around the edges.   

  

Candle light.  I can remember reading as a child how the pioneer children would do their homework by candle light. I romanticised it then and I romanticise it now.  There is just something really cosy and comforting about candle light. 

I could quite happily live off the grid if I had a good wood stove 
and plenty of wood to heat things up.
And a toilet that flushed.
Indoors.
A proper bathroom.
I am not a person that enjoys camping.


Yes, I like them. The bite sized ones.  

  

I also really like these.  I haven't had one in forever. I used to love to get a small box when I went to the movies.  

 


I also loved willow crisp.  


And Macaroons . . .  I have not had any of these things in forever.  If we got a small box of any these for Christmas when I was a child that was a really amazing gift to us, or at least to me anyways.   


Blue Willow china.  I had collected a whole set, of twelve place settings, via the grocery store when I was married before.  I had all of the dinner plates, bowls and sandwich plates. You could buy a place setting at a discount each week when you bought your groceries.  It took me a while, but I finally got all I wanted collected. I loved them. They were my extra special dishes that I used for special occasions. I don't know what happened to them.  I was not allowed to have them when my marriage split up. I wasn't allowed to have anything, which I know sounds strange, but it is what it is. I know better now. 


Butter Tarts.  I haven't made any in a very long time.  I have a fabulous recipe for them.  I need to make some soon and share it with you.  Likewise raisin pie.  I adore raisin pie.  So does my father. 


Pierogi.  I haven't made those in a while either. My friend Esther who had Hungarian ancestry taught me how to make Pierogi when I was a very young bride living in Calgary Alberta.  She made them every Christmas and one year she taught me how to make them.  I still use her recipe, although I haven't made any in a very long time.  I love them with fried onions and sour cream. Oh boy . . .  bliss.  Very naughty too. 

I must be getting hungry for breakfast now as I am thinking about food, so I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Don't call it a dream,
Call it a plan.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 



 Mitzie is going to the groomers today to be buffed and puffed.  I love cuddling her afterwards.  She always smells so lovely. 

 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Eileen's Curry.  My oldest daughter asked me how to make curry, so I put together this simple curry recipe that doesn't use a lot of ingredients and that I thought she could easily make. It ended up being a winner/winner chicken dinner!

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too! 

 





 

 
 


6 comments:

  1. Sunny days are my very favorite but then chips and candlelight aren't bad either. I will have to check out the curry recipe, I've never made it. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curry wasn't something I had eaten much of before coming over here Pam! I love it now! xoxo

      Delete
  2. JUst Pinned a new butter tart recipe from Just Crumbs on IG.

    I also follow local milk..she has intoduced Podcasts.Very informative.I listened to part of one..I then looked up the site out of curiosity for the website making..$1850.00
    All that is not for me.
    I must say if I was a young mom at home i this day and age..I think making a business online could have interested me..if I had the talent.These young women..so talented..so smart..so knolegeable on everything..hip and with it.. swipe ups for ads of things to buy..amazing..cute kids..fab houses..flowers abound..
    AMAZING.

    I left a comment re your delish curry..not sure it worked(
    Have a great day!
    You would think your ex would have been gracious enough to let you have your things:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think gracious was in his mentality. Live and learn. I know, these young mum's today have to many options available to them to be able to work from home. I wish I was more tecchie savvy. I know I am missing out by not being so, but oh well. I am old now and it doesn't really matter too much anymore. xoxo

      Delete
  3. ooooooooooooOH I love reading YOU.
    So fresh
    and Happy
    and Informative
    and with tempting food ideas
    and complete with inspirational quotes!

    God must have made sure I see you in the mornings!
    THANK YOU again
    x-x-x-x-x
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Teri! You are so very welcome! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!